1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lner Gresley Pacifics

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NorthRail1, Apr 2, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No, I would like to see other steam locos

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. No, I would prefer non-steam locos

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Not sure on a route but it would be great to see the LNER Gresley A3 & A4 Pacifics including the famous Flying Scotsman and Mallard, the holder of the world steam speed record. These are two of the most well known steam locos in the world and deserve a place in Train sim World. Whilst they were featured in TS18, I believe that they are important enough to be made for Train Sim World as well.

I don't expect this any time soon though, steam trains are difficult to model and these are very complex examples of steam trains, so I will understand if these aren't made for Train Sim World in the near future, however in the long run I would definitely want the A3s and A4s added to TSW.
    800px-A4s_20080404_NYMR_040a.jpg
    Three LNER A4s, 'Union of South Africa', 'Bittern' and 'Sir Nigel Gresley' on the North York Moors railway
    4472_FLYING_SCOTSMAN_at_Steamtown_Railway_Museum.jpg
    LNER A3 'Flying Scotsman' at Steamtown in Carnforth, Lancashire during the 1980s

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Outside of the Tornado, probably my number one picks for Steam engines that need to come to the game!

We'll see what we can do ;)

- Jay

• Like Like x 5