PS5 Loaded Class 66 Climbing Lickey Incline, Is This Mission Impossible?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues & Player Help' started by jonty#9547, Sep 24, 2026 at 3:34 PM.

  1. jonty#9547

    jonty#9547 New Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2026
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi there

    I'm trying to complete a timetable service from the Birmingham Cross City route where I need to get a loaded aggregates train up the Lickey Incline to King's Norton. Each time I attempt it the train just crawls to a stand part way up the bank and eventually derails. The consist is 2 Class 66 pulling 17 loaded HKA's with a combined weight of 2202.6 tons. My questions are;

    Is it possible for the two locomotives to pull that weight up the Lickey Incline?
    Do I need to set up the second loco as I am unsure that it is helping?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

    Kind regards
    John
     
  2. Pipe

    Pipe Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2022
    Messages:
    2,187
    Likes Received:
    4,646
    Would you have the service ID?

    I'll try to reproduce this tonight. That weight shouldn't be any trouble for double heading Class 66s. But the 2nd loco might be not correctly configured and you pull it just as dead weight. Which might explain why you die before the summit.
     

Share This Page