1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Catch Locked Out?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by hall.jeffery, Jul 8, 2020.

1. hall.jeffery

hall.jeffery New Member

I play on Xbox One. A couple of days ago, when I got my first Mastery, I couldn't wait to see the new underwater scene. It was Rotterdam. After I switch the scene to the Rotterdam scene, I tried to go to Ebros(which I had already been visiting that session. After I went on a fishing trip to Ebros, the first screen loaded, but after I chose a peg, the game went into an endless loading screen. I had to exit the game to stop it, but that did not fix it for the time being, so I fished other waters. The next day, it worked fine.

Yesterday, after getting my 3rd Mastery I tried to go to Loch Mickle. The same thing occurred, but I hadn't been there that day, so I'm not sure it worked prior to playing with the underwater scenes. I tried and tried, but kept getting caught in the endless loading screen. I quit for the day, hoping it would reset over night, but today, I am still locked out of Loch Mickle.

I have tried:
    Hot and cold reboots
    Changing time of day
    Changing peg locations
    Resetting underwater scene back to default.
    Changing fishing modes
    The only thing I have not tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but due to having a slow and janky internet, this needs to be my very last resort.

2. hall.jeffery

hall.jeffery New Member

Update:

I tried switching the underwater scenes again.
    I went from default to Pearl scene. Nothing changed.
    I switched from Pearl svene to Rotterdam scene. Nothing changed
    I switched from Rotterdam to Ebros scene. I can now play all tournament modes, but fishing trip is still locked out.
    While I was able to get into a tournament, the fishing was bad. All rods were invisible. Rod 1 and rod 2 showed as one rod with two lures and two lines. Rod three did not show or work when I picked it up.

After I left that tournament, I tried playing Last Trip, but it got stuck on the loading screen again.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  3. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

This may be a shot in the dark, but trying deleting any created tackle boxes you may have. I encountered a bug that would stop me from fishing after I set a created tackle box up a certain way and went to Ebro. Once I deleted it, my problem was solved. Another thing to try is; from the main screen, go to options, sign out of dove tail live, the shut the game (not the console down) restart and log back in. Maybe this will help. I honestly don't know. But they did help the few issues I encountered.

4. hall.jeffery

hall.jeffery New Member

Thanks for the tips. I have been trying to use the Default Predator Tacklebox, but I have created 3 others. I'll try all of your tips. What's the worse that can happen?

• Like Like x 1
  5. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

I would delete the set ups for any boxes that have 2 carp and one pred rod. Especially any of them equipped with drop shots. They seem to be the biggest bug

6. hall.jeffery

hall.jeffery New Member

Ooh. I did have a drop shot on. I've used them before with no problem, but I'll take and follow any advice I can get. Thanks for the help

7. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

No problem. If it works, post it here so it here so the devs can also see it.

8. hall.jeffery

hall.jeffery New Member

Attn: Devs

Using the advice from another member, I switched out the drop rig I had set up and tried again. I was able to mode tournament fishing no problem. Once I established Mickle as the last place I was. I tried Last Played. I got in no problem and am now working on that last Mastery. Thank you Bloodtheory!

• Like Like x 1
  9. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

No problem, glad I could help.

10. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The endless loading is being caused by the Bait Shack Drop Shot Rig 1/2oz size 6. If you have that selected try a different rig. We are working on a fix for this.