Loco Add On Bundle 2 - Out Tomorrow (21st March)!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Scott295, Mar 20, 2023.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

To 99% of everybody, GSM-R just doesn't LOVEin' matter. It's irrelevant. It's just a goddam radio. It's only important to a couple of eccentrics with - bizarre - preferences.

• Like Like x 4
  2. solicitr

It's neither better nor worse. It's completely immaterial.

3. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

I place more faith in the judgement of Armstrong Powerhouse on this one than you I’m afraid. We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

ps I’d best get on to all the aircraft developers for MSFS and tell them that the Window Heat, Pitot Heat, Transponders etc they’ve modelled was all a waste of time as they’re completely immaterial. Might as well just leave it all blank right?

Thought not.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  4. solicitr

Wow. Dragging up the old argument from authority, are we?

And, yeah,. personally I think DTG have more important things to fix than working a/c switches- pointless chrome if there ever was. And that goes for useless radios as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Gees man, what’s rattled your cage?

It’s not an argument, it’s a fact. Frankly, you not being bothered by it has no bearing on whether it should be there or not whatsoever, although you’ve every right to that opinion. Everything I’ve laid out above is why it should be there, again all based on fact. The Exec Producer of the game has said it should be there (by extension admittedly).

Also, stop playing the man, it doesn’t suit you.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I don't get the idea why GSM-R needs to be cut to improve everything else. I've seen lots of similar arguments to this one go down, and usually I see the "Making/Improving ___ would take more time" argument called upon real damn quickly, and I'm shocked to not see it here. It's maybe a bit tiring seeing it being used to justify everything, but I don't really disagree with it all things considered. I have a hard time believing GSM-R of all things is what's blocking truly meaningful improvements like improved safety systems or the manual fireman.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

In the AP class 37 (TSC) you get to switch between radio zones in certain scenarios, so I can see an interest in having working GSM-R for this added functionality. Not so much just to switch it on and do nothing with it. Can you do anything such as input the headcode in the ones modelled by DTG up to now?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You don't change zones with GSM-R, that's the older NRN system where you have to change zones/frequencies.
    As for the TSW ones, no. You can't put headcodes in or register your unit.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Ah sorry, yes I was getting confused with NRN, thanks for correcting me.

10. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, it’s more so the principle that developed features are not being used in future addons going forward.

I don’t really care about GSM-R, but if a better version of it exists, it should be used consistently going forward (until they develop a better version of it, then use that going forward and so on)

it’s the same case with Radial Wheel Blur not being used on some of the Trenton stock/Niddertalbahn freight wagons, and Snow buildup not being used on Left Rhine (and I think EdinburghGlasgow?)

We shouldn’t be doing two steps forward and one step back, and if nobody calls out DTG on this stuff, it’s going to continue happening, which is why I think it’s valid, in my opinion, to call it out that the GSM-R implementation from Birmingham isn’t used on the ROG 37.

• Like Like x 8
  11. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Why don't we just gut the entire game and go back to MSTS then? If purely visual things don't matter, then I guess all we need is a working throttle and brake. Everything else is wasted dev time.

• Like Like x 3
  12. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

These packs always get some criticism but I think a lot of it is undeserved considering the price point for them. They add a decent amount of gameplay for what you pay. That said there always seems to be one of the 3 getting the shortest end of the stick (maybe Germany this time around) but still some new scenarios.

The ROG 37 seems most interesting to me, like the RHTT it adds a new type of gameplay different from the freight-passenger dynamic.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I mean how many people will replay existing scenarios though? The pride livery for the ice 3 and the green stripe for the ice 1 should have been free. The pride livery was on creators club before so I don't get why DTG have to charge for a stripe other than they are just so money hungry

• Like Like x 4
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean I don’t mind buying the livery, it’s much better quality than anything that ends up on CC, my issue with the ICE liveries are that they are only usable on KWG and nowhere else you can use the trains.

That’s the caveat with these packs, the content is all about adding variety, but the variety with this pack has been stumped. The first DLC bundle allowed you to use the 66 & 182 livery on every route where the 2 trains were available. Not a single livery in this pack is available for use anywhere but on one route.

It’s doubly frustrating because DTG will then tell us they won’t do these packs much because they don’t sell well, but the reason they won’t sell is because no one is paying to get a livery for a train they can only use on one route, despite the train being available on multiple routes.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Looks like more impossible golds on the Class 37 services. :|