Loco Add On Bundle 3 (sehs) - Class 465/2 & 466

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by olly.smail, Mar 27, 2023.

1. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

Hello all, today i am going to be making a suggestion of loco add on bundle 3 specifically for SEHS, although other routes could have other trains as a part of this too. As we know, the SEHS route in TSW is becoming one of the best routes in terms of variety (395,375,465,66,37 & 700) and this add on would pretty much complete the route in my opinion. The suggestion i am proposing is for the addition of the Class 465/2 and Class 466 Metrocammel Networkers.

Why this add on?

Adding the 465/2 & 466 to SEHS would almost complete the route in terms of variety. To create this route, as the 465/9 shares the same model as the /2 & 466, there would be minor changes for the /2 and a fair few changes for the 466 to make this add on. These would be more realistic for services to and from Dover Priory and also metro services in the dartford-gravesend area. The class 465/9 currently in game is one of the best train in the tsw franchise as i’m sure many others will agree with in terms of its sounds, looks and detail, so why not make the most of this by improving it further by adding its subclasses and family networkers.

Trains in this add-on

Class 465/2

The class 465/2 is what 465/9s were prior to their interior refurb, back in 2005, were first class was added including the addition of the orange/purply blue interior. The 465/2 has a different style interior with light blue grab poles and dark blue seats, as seen on 375s. The exterior model would need very little changes with those just being numbering of units and coaches. The cabs and general lay out of the train are the same with a fair amount of changes to the /9 interior. These trains were mainly seen on metro services however would make the occasional trip down to dover and ramsgate before being placed in storage in 2021 as seen in links below.
    Also some comparison picture of 465/9s to 465/2s are seen below. (The doors photo comparison is for the 466) D55A85A4-2BDF-495D-883A-0B156CE41151.jpeg

Class 466

The class 466 is essentially a 2 car formation of a class 465/2, featuring the same style interior however lacking in terms of accessibility. The 466 would need the most changes in this add on as it would need a new toilet to be modelled aswell as only one of the two coaches being motorised. The general exterior model is pretty much the same apart from slightly different windows on the doors seen below. These trains were and still are a common sight across the SEHS route where they are seen coupled to a 465/9 or /2 (also /0&/1 not included in this pack) to form 6 & 10 car trains, also sometimes doubling up to form an 8. They are used on services to and from dover priory, AI at sittingbourne for sheerness and coupled to metro services for increased capacity. I have some photos linked below of the Class 466. F50E0D65-A680-4472-ADC2-3D3A380EE47E.jpeg
    The non accessible toilet in the non-motor coach of the 466 - 7B3FCD1B-959C-439F-923C-CCBB71F5B821.jpeg
    Summary

Overall i feel this add-on would increase the variety in the route as currently only having /9s is a fairly unrealistic representation of reality, as they are actually a lot less common than other subclasses on some of the services seen in game. If priced the same as previous Loco Add-On Bundles this would be a great product of which i believe would be popular as it offers a solid product for £5. Thank you for reading this suggestion and let me know your thoughts below. :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Awesome idea

• Like Like x 1
  3. olly.smail

just came up with it in my head today, thought some others would like it:)

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and remember class 466 must combine with 465/9 if DTG opted to make it instead of making a 465/2. To make it even better 466 with BREL 465

5. olly.smail

i agree however as similar as they may look it would need an entire new model for a brel/abb 465 so that would be a whole new train add on at £15. This should only be £5 as it’s a tweaked model with a new interior as we’ve seen with the 37 (tweaked model and new coupler) and new interior (old 375)

• Like Like x 1
  6. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I support the idea of introducing a 466 although it may be better as the 'new' loco in a Victoria - Rochester Chatham Main Line route (as I think all other locos from that route are now made) - or even another extension onto SEHS to make it a 'mega-route'.

(I'd pay a fiver for it anyway just for the extra variety though so I support your idea too as it's more likely IMO)

• Like Like x 2
  7. olly.smail

yeah if they do a chatham mainline route i’d hope they’d also include a brel 465 so it’s not completely the same as what we already have

• Like Like x 1
  8. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I personally think that when DTG or any of the 3rd parties create a type, it might be prudent to work on the sub classes/variants at the start of the build process as this might ultimately save time which is often quoted as the reason we don't currently receive more types. A great suggestion that hopefully gets looked into along with many others.

• Like Like x 3
  9. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see that. The 466 is on the Sheerness branch as well so would be more realistic to see that as AI traffic at Sittingbourne.

• Like Like x 3
  10. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Sheerness branch needs to be included at some point.

11. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I love the revamped SEHS, but adding the Sheerness branch would have made a fantastic route even better.

• Like Like x 2
  12. olly.smail

i agree, pretty sure they were going to include it weren’t they, not sure why they didn’t in the end though, shame though it would’ve offered much more playability

• Like Like x 1
  13. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

It is my hope that the day will come when the SEHS will be extended by the Chatham Line (London Victoria - Rochester via Swanley) by the North Kent Line (London Bridge - Dartford), with a branch line to Sherness, extending to Ramsgate and Dover. This is going to be a mega route!

• Like Like x 2
  14. olly.smail

i would hope that would happen one day too, but being realistic i doubt we’d get that all merged as one, maybe separate routes though

• Like Like x 1