Loco Bundle 2 - Bnsf Sd70ace Feedback - Another Flawed Us Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TripleJ814, Mar 20, 2023.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I wouldn't quite phrase it that way. Say rather it indicates either that nobody cared enough to get it right, or wasn't given enough time to get it right. Probably some of both. Either the devs who worked on the thing, or (more appropriately) their boss, should have DONE THE DAMN RESEARCH.

It would have taken no additional effort to get the serial number range correct for the configuration- but whoever put the numbers in the RNG database didn't know what the correct numbers were, because nobody cared enough to look them up. And TBH, since they went to the trouble to rework the lights and the rear grilles, it wouldn't have been much if any additional effort to do an iso cab- but that would have required somebody actually bothering to do the research, and realizing a "thundercab" would not make an acceptable player train.

So I think we have an influence from "cash grab," but that I think comes down from the top, which assigns unrealistic deadlines to insufficient staff: and the result is a rush job without proper groundwork.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Matt has already confirmed that on all routes livery substitution could be simply turned on via a checkbox field for each rolling stock, but for some reason it has been forgotten and never fixed on most.

How much care do you think they put into these things if they can't even be bothered to click a simple checkbox?

• Like Like x 7
  3. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

A fair argument, I'm on the same side with this.

4. solicitr

Because once checked, that woulld open up the floodgates. CSX and NS locos on Cajon- not just an occasional foreign power appearance, but all the time. And vice-versa.

Freight wagons are a somewhat different issue (and to me, a MUCH more important one).

5. Dinosbacsi

Sorry if I was not clear, I was talking about livery substitution. It can be turned on to allow Creators Club liveries to spawn without any issues.

As for rolling stock substitution, like foreign power on routes, the game could also support it properly, as it uses a tag system which defines what operators and eras a route accepts. Of course, on most routes, this is not set up properly, so it either does not work at all or works incorrectly.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily true, Cajon has the tag "CJP" on the ES44C4 formations. Sherman Hill has the "UP" tag, I believe the tag for the NS ES44AC is "NS" and Sand Patch Grade is "CSX"

In addition, there's not only tags that are used to influence substitution.
    upload_2023-3-21_11-0-57.png
    This is a Cajon Pass Timetable Formation, with the ES44C4. You can also select power output, number of powered axles, etc.
    This formation has the power output set to that specific number, because without that number, the CJP F7 would sub in to that formation, because the ATSF F7 also shares the same "CJP" tag as the ES44C4 and SD70ACe.

The substitution system in this game isn't perfect, but it's also not just a simple tag or checkbox.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Another failed loco, another failed US DLC. Would like to see what's going on lately, first Trenton and now the ACes (Both UP Heritage and BNSF), like there's really not much effort at all with this one and soon will be brushed away for the next big thing.

• Like Like x 6
  8. jj-6688

jj-6688 Member

Anyone on here had any luck with the scenario “manifest madness”? I have clocked around 11k miles on the SD70but cannot get the thing moving at all.. is the scenario broken or am I missing something.

9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Pc gets their release after consoles in the afternoon

10. solicitr

Don't forget the sloppy, amateurish heritage livery pack

• Like Like x 1
  11. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I think you are talking about substitution between different DLCs. What I am referring to is Creators Club liveries. This would not result in a flood of foreign power. The only liveries you would see would be those that you downloaded, or made yourself.

Substitution is a totally different, and apparently game-breaking, issue. Creators Clubs liveries should work on all routes, but they only work on some of them. As mentioned, this is probably due for want of somebody "checking the box."

12. Suryaaji#2369

Still no DTG representative in sight so far.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Why is this so bad? It'd be more realistic than NEVER seeing them, which is our current situation.

I do agree the freight car substitution is a much bigger issue, and frankly the responses from DTG make it seem very low priority and almost like they don't understand why it's an immersion issue at all.

I just don't think they have anyone on staff who actually understands NA Freight operations. I know Gary has quite a bit of knowledge, and things tend to be much better when he's more involved (e.g. Clinchfield), but the operational issues with recent releases suggest there's not enough people who work on NA Freight content who are familiar with the intricacies of it, and it ends up producing sloppy results

• Like Like x 2
  14. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Jumping in to show that the feedback about the release is being heard and I am noting this to send through to our internal dev teams.

Whether you believe we've done well or have room to improve in certain areas, we will always listen to feedback that is constructive and we thank you for spending the time to let us know your thoughts. :)

• Like Like x 8
  15. koriib

koriib New Member

***Sigh.... Just like the Union Pacific AC4400CW, the number boards on this BNSF SD70ACe DON'T WORK!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well said. This is true of almost any route.

As NateDogg7a implied, there will never be another iteration of NYT, so, if we want to drive that section of the NET, we're stuck with the recent unfinished version.

Would anyone suggest this " don't like it, don't buy it" incantation for BML, for instance?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Crosstie

I agree with this analysis. I don't like the phrase " cash grab ", but there is an unholy rush to get the product to market these days.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TripleJ814

Agreed regarding the "don't like it, don't buy it" statement.

I like BNSF and I like the SD70ACe, therefore a BNSF SD70ACe appeals to me, but I would also like it to be done properly and released in an acceptable state.

Absolutely hate when people throw around that phrase when we say something negative about a DLC. I don't think TSW would be where it's at today without the community pointing out errors, and providing feedback and suggestions. I'm sure at least some people, even the USA community that says US content is flawed (like myself), would be more than willing to provide guidance and information on this kind of stuff, because we also want to see the game improved. It's up to DTG to ask the community for help and listen to our feedback.

I remember Matt posting a forum thread asking for community help regarding the SD70ACe sounds before Sherman Hill was released, and when someone from Skyhook posted on these forums asking for help for the Horseshoe Curve GP38-2 Horns. That was really good, asking for help before a product is released. Why can't we do that more?

• Like Like x 11
  19. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I doubt anything will change with the run numbers, this isn't the 1st locomotive that breaks that rule, and will probably wont be the last.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blacknred81

So, I guess none of the new rolling stock appears in TT mode. There is no new services so that's a no go.

Only the yellow centerbeam flatcars appear in the Scenarios, with the other colors (Brown, Green, and Blue) only in scenario planner formations.

With those colors, all of them are DTGX branded..... you couldn't have BNSF and BN marks instead of the DTGX ones?
    20230321101710_1.jpg
    1e 11-24-2009 Justin-ALT 209.jpg

20230321101715_1.jpg
    IMG_7588.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. TripleJ814

[​IMG]
    The UI image they used is also the UP spec one with the BNSF livery texture. Yuck.

22. Blacknred81

Nice "Manifest" train guys....
    20230321100132_1.jpg

Also, who thought it was a good idea to park Grain Cars at the Metrolink platforms in SB?
    20230321100729_1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. TripleJ814

Seriously... Who does their research for this? They have got ask the community for help from now on at this point. This is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 7
  24. Dinosbacsi

We already knew that the new rolling stock does not appear in the timetable (yet), but did they really make 4 reskins of the center beam car then only use one? Are they intentionally trolling at this point? Let's not even talk about the DTGX branding...

This pack really is something else, lol...

• Like Like x 3
  25. Blacknred81

Either that, or force them to watch VRF cams for an entire day

• Like Like x 2
  26. Dinosbacsi

Probably one of their trainees who has never seen an US railroad before

• Like Like x 3
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It points at how quickly the actual model is being made, tested and put into builds. It’s no wonder things are often a bit broken when they release if such short time is allocated to the development. Certainly no time to add anything to the timetable for this or make the DLC really worth buying. It is a cheap pack but once we get these locos we are stuck with them even if they aren’t up to scratch and left twiddling our thumbs due to lack of playable content with them if nothing much is included. Scenarios are never enough, many of them not being that good in the first place. Substitution is okay if it all works well. Can’t really tell that before you buy and it being only the loco and not the other content is going to disappoint most players.

These store photos are also misrepresenting the product which is really naughty and another potential source of confusion or disappointment. It’s bad form really.

• Like Like x 5
  28. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

Checked it on my stream. No it's got issues. You can see it on my stream about 1 hour 25 minutes in. Rear unit never builds full air. Gets stuck at 69 on the MFD.

Already working on porting my TTZX/TTX patch from OSD/SFJ. Also might do other RR reporting marks for the other colors like UP and BCOL.

29. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

XBSX. Loco substitution works none. I checked in timetabe sd70ace appear only if I choose one as the lead, other than that, rest of locos are es44c4. I bought this bundle only to have mixing loco consist, so far this seems not working. It should be 50/50 imho.

30. Dinosbacsi

It should work, as in the preview stream they did have the SD70ACe appear as a trailing loco.

31. max#2873

XBSC. I checked on 15 timetable services if I choose es44c4 as a lead loco, no sd70s at all. I restarted each service two times - no sd70. Anyway it isnt satisfactory at all, to have just trail substitution. Fifty/fifty mix would do the job.

32. fietsbel12

fietsbel12 Member

I like the SD70ace and I like the add on on CJP but please DTG fix the numberlights because they are not working right now…

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. max#2873

Where is tofc in timetable?

34. Dinosbacsi

It's not in the timetable, neither are the centerbeam cars. Apparently they are just investigating the possibility of adding them into the timetable, AFTER the pack has released... But knowing how DTG's promises tend to hold up, I would not be surprised if we never see them in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Crosstie

What a fumble!!! Did someone drop the ball on this one?

I had my steam wallet all ready for 3 dlc this month. If I go by what I'm reading in the forum, I might end up with zilch. I'm on the fence with Niddertalbahn.

• Like Like x 3
  36. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

I noticed this little issue the first time I stepped onto the BNSF SD70, the stripes on the rear end are extending beyond the edge of the 3d model when there is terrain or another train in the background.

With sky as the background, the stripes end at the edge of the 3d model, which looks fine.
    [​IMG]

But with terrain in the background it's like the decal sticks out over the edge.
    [​IMG]

Same with other locos, you can see clearly here the decal stops against the sky but extends beyond the edge against the trailing loco.
    [​IMG]

This is on the Epic Games version.

I wish they had corrected some of the issues from the UP version such as the accelerometer ceasing to function (though if you switch to an external camera and back into the cab it updates to reflect the acceleration at the moment you re-entered the cab) and the way AI SD70s always sound like they are idling but for $6 I wasn't really expecting that.

DW

• Like Like x 6
  37. Blacknred81

Leaving this here.

• Like Like x 6
  38. Suryaaji#2369

The one guy that sacrifices his money to make a very honest feedback & review. If only DTG check that out.

• Like Like x 2
  39. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Trying this for myself, I did notice substitution occurring within the lead units, this on XSS. I will admit that it does not appear as often as one might prefer. Try using the ES44C4 on M-HOUSDG7-05. There are seven units that you can see right away (between two side-by-side trains), and you should see some SD70s after a few goes.

40. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Couple takeaways from that video:
    - They could've taken the opportunity to have the lead cab set up correctly and already cut-in, matching real world and the ES44s, they didn't.
    - I love seeing the bug where too many audio sources playing at once lead to the player train's audio quitting
    - I have the SMH SD70 engine mod so I completely forgot how bad the SD70 sounds are, but unless somethings wrong with his install, how have they managed to butcher it further?!
    - What is with the livery color difference? How was that allowed through since liveries are usually heavily tied to licensing.

Am I shocked? Not at all. DTG's standards have dropped significantly, and my expectations have too. Just means I have more money to put toward Jedi Survivor and any other games I want

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Suryaaji#2369

It behaves similarly with the SMH SD70ACe. So i can safely assume that the old SMH DP units behavior. (Not mirroring our braking input). What a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

What do you mean "doesn't appear in timetable". Not even in services with the newly added loco ?

43. TripleJ814

There aren’t any new services at all, just three mediocre scenarios. The SD70ACe subs into the ES44C4 formations, the TOFC and Centerbeams don’t sub into timetable mode at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Dinosbacsi

The SD70Ace does not add any new services to the timetable, it can simply be used in the already exsisting services instead of the other BNSF locomotive.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  45. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Oh. When I saw the screenshots, I imagined more static stock and some new services.

I'm a bit dissapointed I won't lie.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Suryaaji#2369

Why we wouldn't? The US content level of quality never get that high on their eyes.

• Like Like x 3
  47. Dinosbacsi

We all are. This pack it pathetic. They might make it worth something with post-release patches, but in the current state it released, it is nothing more than a joke.

A badly made locomotive with wrong numbers, that shouldn't be able to lead the train in the first place, coming with reused freight cars that aren't even used in the timetable, transporting european semi trailers.

• Like Like x 5
  48. max#2873

many gb's CJP update and cab camera view from ES44c4 is still to high (rain and snow)

49. josuesleyer

josuesleyer Member

How I pity this community, DLC's Done anyway. Money money. Quality, what quality? research, what research? Listening to the community, we listened but..., later we ask, maybe we know about the problem, we are investigating. As long as it doesn't hurt in their pocket, you guys will swallow anything. There is a locomotive waiting for an update for more than a year. But you insist on buying.

50. Dinosbacsi

Who does? I don't think many people bought this locomotive, as it is clear as day that it is a half-assed cash grab.

At least I know for sure I didn't. And the fact that there are barely any reviews or topic talking about it, I don't think many people got it.

• Like Like x 1