London Commuter (brighton) - The Definitive Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Oct 1, 2021.

1. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Shut down your leading cab and remove the master key.
    Go to the front cab of the unit you want to remove, so that the coupler you want to uncouple is in front of you. Put master key in, then reverser to neutral and press the uncouple button on the desk.

2. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

It does not work. Changed driver's cab.

Put on the other train.
    Mainswitch on.
    Neutral.
    And then the blue switch continues to say "couple" There is no switch with "uncouple"
    And also no key command with uncoupling, at least it is not listed.

Chapter 5, Task 4 1M15 Brighton to London Victoria

Ok, manchmal ist man echt blöd....
    20211029142340_1.jpg

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  3. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Uncouple button has a red flip cover on it. Top right of the drivers panel.

Edit: lol I just read you edit, the German bit. No problem

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

That's a very credible crack at this year's "Most painful example of shoehorning an unrelated agenda into a thread" award

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's also a crack at showing the downside to independent 3rd party development. It's not all a bed of roses that some people like to make out it is

6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed that there are areas which are very poorly optimised. I think it was around Balham station, or somewhere close to it. I’d get a steady 60FPS. however moving the camera a little bit it’d drop right down to 15-20FPS. Always in the same place too.

Clearly something is very FPS draining, as there shouldn’t be that big of a drop.

This happens at quite a few places along the route, such as East Croydon and on the approach to Clapham Junction from the Victoria bound direction.

7. Wivenswold

Bit baffled by your point to be honest, no-one is forcing TS users to move away from what's available on Steam, just like with TSW. You could easily strip your TS installation back to the Steam installations if you find all that manual updating too much. I have Fibromyalgia and it's not an easy task for me all that dragging and dropping of files, but on balance it is worth it because it improves my enjoyment of TS.

For those who don't mind the extra work then it's better on balance to have that choice isn't it?
    I mean, MSFS is the same, stick with the basics or get into other developers but have to do a bit of updating. TSW is the outlier here.

8. ARuscoe

Of course not. What I'm saying is that for me the 3rd party setup on TSW where everything is central and controlled is better than the wild west in TS1 where, as I said, anyone can pull their content, or change it so you need more of their content for it to work in a basic fashion (as in how it's written, without needing another 3rd party tool to swap out consists or assets)

9. Wivenswold

I agree, it's an absolute nightmare and I've had several routes trashed by well-meant "upgrades", I keep a spare copy of the entire file which I back-up quarterly and another copy of my Assets and Contents files. None of which I have to do in TSW.
    But then you look at what's in the pipeline from more reputable sources for both sims:

TSW - Cornwall branch line. Class 150.
    TS - Virtual District Line to Whitechapel, Updated GEML, Backdated Clacton branch, Cumbria Coastal, Tonbridge to Dover, West Anglia, GWR electric, Ashford to Lille, Hope Valley, LNER updated Merge Leeds to Huddersfield. Classes 87, 309, 317/2, 700, 745, 755, Azuma pack, LT R Stock. I've likely missed some.

Ultimately it depends which pain is more acceptable to the individual. Personally, housekeeping my TS file is less painful than waiting for a part of the network or a type of rolling stock that I actually like to turn up in TSW.

10. ARuscoe

Yeah, the class 40 no longer available from AP which will mean they'll remove it or orphan it for any scenarios which use it would be a start...
    Again, people keep banging on about how great things are without talking about the downsides