PlayStation London Commuter: Electrostar Sound Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Suomen surkein junakuski, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

For a long time I have been bothered by the sound issues with both of the Electrostar trains that came with the London Commuter. I know that I am a bit late to this, but I have decided to list the ones that bother me the most. I won't go into much detail, but i'm sure that these can be easily indentified, as they are very noticable while playing. I hope that these issues are fixed, especially when the Electrostars are the only trains in the route (if not counting layers).

1. Overall quiet sounds (377 and 387)
    Both 377 and 387 both have really quiet cab sounds. The throttle lever, traction motors and track noise are all just really quiet compared to the other trains in the game. At least with headphones, you always have to turn the volume nearly to maximum in order to hear them fully.

2. Extremely loud aws sounds (377)
    As the traction motors and running sound are extremely low, the aws is the only sound that is normal. However this means that when you have turned the volume up because of the other quiet sounds, the aws absolutely screams at your ears and after a while it starts to hurt them. The aws is even louder when using the exterior camera, and it is the reason why I don't use it very often.

3. Aws alert sound sometimes missing (377 and 387)
    Sometimes when approaching yellow or red signal, there is no sound from the aws alert. Therefore if you don't realize to acknowledge it, the train puts on the emergency brakes and forces you to stop. Usually this happens in areas with low frame rates, such as East Croydon. You usually just hear the click from the light switching, but the alert sound is gone.

4. No sounds from other trains in the cab (377 and 387)
    When the windows are closed and an ai train goes past you, you can only hear it's traction motor and door sounds. Other sounds, such as the sounds of the wheels are completely missing. This is extremely noticable and distracting, especially in the London Commuter where you constantly are seeing ai trains.

5. Is there a bird in the cab??? (377 and 387)
    Right when you start moving with 377 and 387, you start to hear this weird sound in the cab. For me it sounds like a little bird was flapping it's wings in the cab, trying to get out. This sound is fairly short and usually repeats in every minute. It is also pretty loud compared to the other sounds.

If you have anything else to add to the list, please do it below. I'm on Ps5, but I believe other platforms are encountering these issues as well.

• Like Like x 1