London Overground Goblin Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Sep 6, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the Gospel Oak to Barking Line, run by London Overground.

More information can be found in this video.

The line is a short one, running for 13 miles, with 12 Stations. Over the years, this line experienced rehabilitation projects as it was transferred over to TFL operations. One of its terminal stations, Gospel Oak has a connection with another Overground Line, with this line being the North London Line. This could be an opportunity to create a network-style route, by including both of them. There are also connections with the c2c network and the London Underground at the Barking Station.

The route would see 4 Passenger Trains per hour, and 4 Frieght Trains per hour, so it would be a good route for both types of players, as they would have frequent service with both types of trains.

Rolling Stock

The London Overground Services would be run by the Class 710 (top), however, if the route is set in the past, the route could see Class 150 (second), 172 (third), and 378 (bottom) Trains.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

• Like Like x 7
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Time to bring this train simulator 21 route into train simulator world 2. One more thing if set before 2017-2018 you get Class 172 170 Turbostar 2010-2018. Class 150 was 2000-2010 operation on this route base model for it is going to be the West Cornwall version. Line connects to Liverpool Street Network home to another train simulator 21 route Great Eastern Main line. Can be sold as the London Overground pack with North and West London Lines making a drivable corridor from the Great Western main line all the way to barking

• Like Like x 1
  3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Interesting LO Livery :D

Goblin would be a good addition. Especially if it had the North London Line with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. niiiice1

niiiice1 Member

I don't think there is enough in terms of distance or variability here. Including Goblin as part of a wider Overground route is definitely a goer though, surely? So maybe the Richmond > Stratford at 20 miles plus Goblin is possible? I think the 378s are the only rolling stock on that section though, so maybe not much variability? Also, is there enough variety in terms of services?
    The inclusion of the East/South London section from Dalston > Clapham Jcn would make this really good though, at a total of 50 miles-ish. Plus the Battersea Park section, which could reuse some of the stuff from Victoria - Brighton? (although I know that's a bit of a push with about 2 services a day!).
    But I think it is a reasonable suggestion!

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Good suggestion - good effort with the video too!

I like the idea of network routes where there are a couple of options, even if one is quite short. If it was set at the point the new trains were just being introduced, allowing an overlap of 710 and 172 (both to be included in the pack - the 172 could later be repurposed on my Cross City suggestion), I'd probably buy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

The Class 150 never ran in LO Livery to my knowledge. I used a pic of a Northern Class 150 because I couldn't find one for Silverlink/North London Railways.

7. Factor41

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ZeenozPlays

9. Factor41

I guess they were old when they inherited them and it wasn't worth repainting if their replacement was already planned.