London Victoria To Brighton (updated)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by TheDubbPug2211, Jan 29, 2021.

1. TheDubbPug2211

TheDubbPug2211 New Member

Would be nice to see the BML updated... Some possible ideas:

- Station signage improvement - thinner, more realistic station signs than just big green ones.
    - Platform Extensions on suburban London stations (specifically Purley - Clapham to accomodate 10 cars)
    - Gatwick Airport Platform 7
    - Three Bridges Thameslink depot
    - Would be nice to see a branch line of sorts, maybe Oxted, Lewes or Horsham...?
    - More station and scenery detail, such as more unique assets to add to realism

I'm sure there are more, but I'll just stick to these.

To conclude, with TS becoming more and more realistic, and the BML being one of the more famous (and in my opinion enjoyable) routes, it would be nice to see some sort of significant update to the route.

For 2013, it was great... but 8 years on it simply needs an upgrade (despite the fact it has honestly aged really well)

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I have no personal experience with anything UK based. But I will say, the L2B route has aged rather well over the years, and is one of my top favorites. It helps that track upgrades for the route have helped it a great deal. But I agree, more extensions of the route are definitely needed. I'm surprised not more of it has been done. 3rd rail routes are my favorite, as you can run modern electric equipment without having OH obstructions.. . I support this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

How about back dating it to NSE days??? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

DTG are unlikely to make any changes to BML as it would not create any extra revenue.

5. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

They can release an updated version of the route, just like they did with Portsmouth Direct Line.

6. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I think what the author of this post intended, was for this route to be extended upon, which is something that is long overdue for a route that is this popular, and how well it has held up over the years. But for an extension, obviously, some updates to the route would of course be justified.

• Like Like x 1