Long Island Rail Road Needs An Update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Louie, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I know some people out there love Long Island Railroad and ever since the metro North update they really improve the M7A/M3A sound and feel of the train but now that leaves us with stalled old Long Island railroad which desperately needs an update this is not the only one that needs an update out there they are many more but because Long Island Railroad is popular it is why I’m requesting for this update Now there are more things that can be added to Long Island Railroad like new trains such as the DE 30 AC/DM that I so much requested and M9 that just came out there’s also free services on the Long Island Railroad called Atlantic Railway they deliver shipment all over Long Island they also have some unique trains as well and then there’s Long Island Railroads laser trains which scan the track looking for damage I’m pretty sure you guys can make very unique scenarios with that there’s also inspection trains which managers of the Long Island Road take a nice ride on the tracks and see how everything is going honestly there’s so many things you guys can add for the Long Island Railroad that will really give you something for your Wallet and lead us Railfanning lovers busy for a long time and then yes and this is a big if you guys ever do track expansion packs or just come out with a whole entire new route for a long island railroad honestly we don’t really care anymore They can be even more scenarios thank you for reading this suggestion I hope you guys have a very beautiful/great day/night

• Like Like x 6
  2. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

upload_2022-6-2_19-51-52.jpeg Oh yeah I forgot to say they also just open up in Grand Central Terminal for a Long Island Rail Rd. you guys may want to check that out

3. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

If you set the route in 2022, you also have to remember that the section between Floral Park and Hicksville is being triple tracked, along with all crossings being eliminated from that section of track. Would require a lot of work

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This would require modification of the Harold interlocking with East Side Access Tracks. M9 DLC and 2023 onwards M9A remember to switch to contact shoe type to Metro-North Bottom Contact if you want to run that on Harlem Line.

5. shinigamitrainfan

shinigamitrainfan New Member

One of my biggest issues with the LIRR in TSW1/2 is that the PIS was just really not made accurately to what the system uses, and also the amount of services leaves an otherwise great line feeling so dull.

Traveling through Jamaica station on any day there are TONS of trains running in and out of the station.

It’s awesome that we have a lot of lines represented, so if the game was filled out like the London Commuter line, with more accurate PIS and announcements, it would be an amazing route to play.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

have you guys heard about the East Side Acess from Grand Central 42nd Street Station on long island railroad

• Like Like x 1
  7. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Well the only reason the London routes are so accurate is because dovetail is in London so of course they are going to have their roots more accurate but the thing is I suggested to them to open up a small little business in New York or somewhere in America but for some reason they said no they make lots of money yet they can’t open up a small little building It makes no sense but if someone knows why please tell me

• Like Like x 1
  8. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I don’t agree DTG’s location offers any major difference to the routes they create, if they decided to move somewhere random I couldn’t foresee a major abandonment of the 3 big countries

Economics of travel is the only real thing and it’s not that big, apart from lockdown but that wouldn’t have been invalidated as a thing if it never occured

the only other real thing would be knowledge of familiar environments, and this can vary by employee

access to licences and historical documents make a bigger impact, use of google earth isn’t biased particularly unless the route is North Korea, like wise with what people have recorded and uploaded to places like YouTube

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  9. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I agree that LIRR needs work, but not that it necessarily needs more trains or trackage.
    Also have you heard of a full stop, they're quite useful if you want people to understand what you write...

10. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I think they need to add a diesel Branch like the oyster bay Branch would be easy to add into lirr or port Jefferson Branch could be easy to add.

11. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Higher frequencies are the absolute priority for this route imo. It'd be nice to see Amtrak AI trains too.