Long Island Railroad

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lawjester, Oct 31, 2017.

?
  1. Yes, I would love to see the LIRR

76.5%
  2. No, I’d prefer a different route

23.5%
  1. KTL_Rob Powell

KTL_Rob Powell Well-Known Member

Actually guys, this was probably coming before you even suggested it 1 year ago, it takes more than 12 months to go from concept to finished product ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. djos18

djos18 Member

3. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

The Long Island Rail Road has certainly been long requested before this proposal a year ago so this still shows how DTG is listening to the community about what content should be added.

• Like Like x 5
  4. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would love To see a scenario on the lirr Cannonball Dm30ac C3 CabCar Double decker on TSW in the future.

5. mrchuck

They mentioned West Hempstead Branch being closed to track work on the kings and queens scenario hopefully they’ll add west Hempstead to a Scenario Dlc for TSW in the future and they’ve also mentioned Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma in the TSW Lirr Article’s such as lirr 24/7 and lirr Workaholics article hopefully dovetail has a team creating some Scenario on The DM30AC’s Locomotive c3 Double decker cab car lirr branch line such as mentioned Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma I would love to see Port Jefferson and ronkonkoma on a TSW Lirr Dlc someday in the near future.

6. danielciavolella

danielciavolella New Member

Im confused on why some of the lines say Ronkonkoma to Penn Station. But they start at Hicksville? Why doesnt it start at Ronkonkoma?

7. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

They are modeling services that staryt in Ronkonkoma in real life. The route is only modeled as far as Hicksville, and so you can only run them that far. The AI then drives the service off the map.

8. danielciavolella

Ahh ok, Do we know a release date yet?

9. raildan

Nobody said the extension would ever be released by DTG. They don't usually model entire routes because that's just a lot of work.

Thankfully, we have a few dedicated community members who plan to eventually do just that. They're starting with a different branch, though, and it will be quite a while before they even have an idea of when it will be released.

10. danielciavolella

If community members make the route complete, how can i access it in ps4?

11. raildan

Ahhh... unfortunately, you probably can't. We don't know for certain yet because the editor isn't actually out yet, but it may just not be possible. Sorry.

12. mrchuck

the Community members are working on Port Washington Branch that’s the one Branch line that they’re working on for now.

13. raildan

I said that they were starting with one branch already. That branch is the Port Washington branch, yes. I said they would EVENTUALLY model this since they hope to one day model the whole LIRR (and MTA)- not that they were already.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. mrchuck

All awesome can’t wait to drive the Port Washington Branch when it’s available on train sim world

15. raildan

We don't even have the editor yet. You might have to wait a while... in the meantime, you've said this quite a lot by now... I think we get the idea.

• Like Like x 3
  16. danielciavolella

I just dont like how i paid 20 something dollars for the long island rail road on ps4 and i have incomplete routes. I was hoping for the whole ronkonkoma to penn and back, not just oenn to hicksville. Kinda upset that i cant get the whome route when someone makes it because im not in pc

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. mrchuck

Me to I would love to see Ronkonkoma