1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Time Trainzer, Hudson Line Release Brought Me Over

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Ethan TX, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

Hi all;
    I have been a 'Trainzer' since Trainz 2004. I have upgraded that sim to 'TANE' but do mostly building (surveyor). You've gotta agree that building routes in Trainz is so much easier than doing so in TS.
    That said, I have been enjoying driving trains in TS2019, and now with the release of the Hudson Line, which I ride pretty often from Tarrytown to GCT, I was instantly drawn to it.

I have been a railfan for a number of years, but my main love is running. I regularly run the Old Croton Aqueduct Trail from Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx to Tarrytown, and sometimes all the way to Croton. I always return home (to New Jersey) via Metro North train to GCT. I enjoy the train ride after a long run (and pizza with a couple of beers).

I am running TS on an older Windows 7 box with NVidia GTX 750 Ti 2Gig on an MSI P67A with Intel Core i5 2500 + 16Gigs + Samsung 850 EVO SSD. So my system is bare minimum for TS, but the SSD really does a great job at keeping the game flowing smoothly.

I'm looking forward to improving my driving skills - using only a keyboard and mouse - and perhaps someday even attempting to do some building.

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Staff Member

Welcome Ethan!

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Welcome Ethan to the forums