Long Time Trainzer, Hudson Line Release Brought Me Over

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Ethan TX, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Ethan TX

Ethan TX New Member

Hi all;
    I have been a 'Trainzer' since Trainz 2004. I have upgraded that sim to 'TANE' but do mostly building (surveyor). You've gotta agree that building routes in Trainz is so much easier than doing so in TS.
    That said, I have been enjoying driving trains in TS2019, and now with the release of the Hudson Line, which I ride pretty often from Tarrytown to GCT, I was instantly drawn to it.

I have been a railfan for a number of years, but my main love is running. I regularly run the Old Croton Aqueduct Trail from Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx to Tarrytown, and sometimes all the way to Croton. I always return home (to New Jersey) via Metro North train to GCT. I enjoy the train ride after a long run (and pizza with a couple of beers).

I am running TS on an older Windows 7 box with NVidia GTX 750 Ti 2Gig on an MSI P67A with Intel Core i5 2500 + 16Gigs + Samsung 850 EVO SSD. So my system is bare minimum for TS, but the SSD really does a great job at keeping the game flowing smoothly.

I'm looking forward to improving my driving skills - using only a keyboard and mouse - and perhaps someday even attempting to do some building.

• Like Like x 4
  2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Welcome Ethan!

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Welcome Ethan to the forums

4. jrnkl8

jrnkl8 New Member

Hey, I too am a long time Trainzer since 2004! For me, I had TS for a while, but it was Smokebox's Golden Spike engines that got me to dig up TS and give it a shot! I have updated to Trainz 2019, and that will continue to be my primary focus for layout building, but I think I will do a bit more of TS here and there with what I got...