PC Looking To Build A New Computer For Tsw2/tsc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by malikrthr, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Glad to see you finished it. In the meantime, I helped update my partner's system over xmas with a new CPU and graphics card, as well as helping a friend put a new one together with xmas money. It's always nice to see when folks who'd been planning upgrades check back in showing you their new systems and how well they're running.

• Like Like x 1
  2. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Many thanks. I am definitely happy with this build and I just found a way to enhance the look or smoothen out the edges of Train Simulator Classic via Nvidia Control Panel. I needed to increase the image scaling to 100% in the Nvidia Control Panel and increase the anisotropic filtering to x16 It looks much better now and I am a very happy camper now with my new computer. The pictures of my new computer are definitely something that I will cherish forever and when I look back months or years from now, I can happily say this is my creation :) Thank you and have a Happy New Year :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. malikrthr

Thank you, I agree, most definitely. I am definitely thankful for the advice that the train simulator forums have provided me on building a new computer and thought it would be great to show my system :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. malikrthr

Question, has anyone experience playing a monitor going black shortly after launching Train Sim World 3? I just tried one of the Cajon Pass Training scenarios and while playing, my monitor turned off, but computer and audio were still running. It indicated that no display could be found. I wasn't sure if it could be as TSW3 is a very graphic hungry game, could it have caused the RTX3070 to work hard. I rebooted my computer and tried the training scenario again but same result occured, my monitor went to sleep in the middle of playing TSW3. I am currently using the Asus VG278 165Hz monitor at 1080p

5. malikrthr

Good Evening everyone, has anyone had any issues with losing data from an SSD after a recent Windows 11 update. I just ran Windows update and after my PC rebooted, I appeared to have lost connection to 3 of my SSD drives (2 were merged in a spanned dynamic volume for video recording) The 2 that were merged were free Inland 240GB SSD's that I received from Microcenter which I use for video recordings, and the other 2TB SP A55 SSD is used for my Steam games. Now all of that appears to be gone. Would anyone know if this has been happening with Windows?

upload_2023-7-13_0-6-17.png