Love This Sim!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by allenwthomas, Sep 6, 2020.

1. allenwthomas

allenwthomas New Member

I just purchased TSW2 a couple of days ago and I really like it. These are the type of games I like playing. Thanks for creating it!

One thing I'm having issues with. I like the CSX trains but I'm not a big fan of sand patch. I tried to create a scenario on the Peninsula route but found I couldn't take any cars with it. All the routes had car restrictions and I couldn't edit the formations. I believe they are working on that from the road map post. I would like to see more routes that can take longer trains. Maybe a southern US or midwestern route.

• [Improvement] Expansion of Peninsula Corridor train formation options in the Scenario Designer

I would also like to see the scenario designer to give the locations on the map. It's hard to figure out what little circle is what stop. Would be nice if you click on the circle it would bring up the stop or bring you to the stop in the list.

I think tomorrow I'll give the eastern DLC a try even though the reviews are not the best. Maybe my CSX trains will fit on that route :). It looks pretty.

• Like Like x 7
  2. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you really like it!

In Scenario Planner, you can drive any train on any route (using the "Off the rails" option), but the train length must not be longer than the platforms you choose to start/stop at.

3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes is very good tsw2 game

• Like Like x 2
  4. allenwthomas

allenwthomas New Member

This is the problem. The formations are longer than the platforms. No stop in Peninsula Corridor can handle a formation from AC4400CW. It would be nice if we could edit the formations or create formations in the planner.

5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The train only has to fit in your starting platform or siding, not any of the intermediate platforms you choose to stop at. Just ignore the maximum train length as it's wrong, it'll let you put on any train as long as it fits in your starting position.

• Like Like x 2
  6. allenwthomas

allenwthomas New Member

There is no start and stops that can handle 50 cars.

upload_2020-9-6_10-45-35.png

upload_2020-9-6_10-46-49.png

7. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, I didn't understand your post properly. Yeah, you might struggle with a train that long to even find a start point on routes other than Sandpatch.

8. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

I disagree.
    Good night ! :D

9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I find the length restriction somewhat unnecessary.
    In our local (Uk) train service we have long trains and some short platforms.
    On boarding the train and at intervals passengers are told to move to the forward section of the train if they require these stops.
    Since we are creating off the rail scenarios surely it won’t matter if we have over long consists and obscure some points.
    Even if we are rear-ended by a following train it would emphasise the off-rail experience.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

allenwthomas I am so glad you are enjoying the game. And I hope you leave feedback after you try more routes and content as I will look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Unfortunately I can't promise that your suggestion will be implemented, but I have made a note of your issues and what you would like to see.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 6