Luzern Sursee... You Too?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by @l3x_Fr, Mar 28, 2022.

1. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

Hello everybody.
    I DMed Rivet Games today on twitter for all the issues regarding this route.
    I play on xbox series s and I would like to know if you are having the same problems as me.

Do not hesitate to be precise, detail your problems encountered and if you want to add problems that I may have forgotten, do not hesitate to comment.
    Have a nice day everyone and here is my message to rivet on twitter sent today just now:

So yeah, the Luzern Sursee route have many and many things that make me unhappy.
    You had the opportunity to learn from your mistakes with IoW, and obviously learned nothing from it.
    How the hell is it possible to have signs with written <<Text>>, an ETCS that slows us down all along the line with strange behaviors like the abrupt passage of the authorized speed from more than 100kmh to 80 of a knock?
    We sometimes have no time to react and this results in emergency braking. Moreover, a problem arises when the next signal changes from red to yellow, the Etcs does not update immediately and sometimes forces us to stop at the signal to start again.
    Am I doing things wrong?

Also, very disappointed to see the scenery around the train tracks...
    You failed to make us feel like in Switzerland:
    Many of the buildings look the same and you have only changed the color, the approaches to the rails are often empty with a few houses here and there but overall the landscape is empty but rich further on.
    I think it should be the other way around.
    Technically there too it's a disaster with crashes when arriving in lucerne, on xbox, in particular the unfinishable rain express scenario due to the crash when changing cabin in lucerne.
    The whistle is cut, sometimes big strange effects kill my ears, I can't explain it to you but they are like big artifacts.
    The audio throughout the route is choppy, but I don't have the words to describe the problem. And this all along the line.
    Another concern, when we finish a schedule, and we press "continue free", it is not possible for us to take control of another train because we do not have permission.
    Outside, the goal of TSW2 is to feel like a real driver and to chain trips, currently I have to go back to the menu and start again.
    Besides, a problem occurs, when you have finished your route the train taken over by the AI will not have a driver on the seat, will run with red lights, sometimes lowered pantographs.
    And the player will always have the message at the top left with the schedules. To overcome this problem, the player must be offered to leave the controls of the train.
    I hope I have been exhaustive, and know that I remain really respectful with you, despite a very STRONG nervousness.

• Like Like x 3
  2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Also as a consumer you should have known better though too. This is their 4th route and not one has been well recieved.

I bought IOW and was dissapointed, I still bought Arosa thinking it would be better. But I found it worse. And the way they replied to critisism on their forums wss horrible I promised myself I would never buy another Rivet DLC again.

Turns out I was right. The 1938 stock was junk, WCL feels like a slap in the face and it was even delayed because DTG felt it wasn't up to a standard. And it still is one of the worst rated routes. So to think this route would show any improvement you would be just fooling yourself. It seems each DLC gets worse and worse. And Skyhook haven't proven to be any better so far either. TSG is the only 3rd party I'm proud to support.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

My advice is going to technical reports for this, there are already multiple threads mentioning various problems with Luzern

4. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

This really reminds me of the Arosa Line DLC. Dull looking mountains with a few trees here and there. Very ugly. And yes the buildings look like they all were planned by the same architect.
    Oh yes, and locomotives that "jump" instantly from 0 to 4km/h. Very realistic... :(

Well thanks for the warning, I will not touch another DLC from Rivet Games then.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JoeKing

JoeKing New Member

Wish I would have read these before I bought it. First I couldn’t get the train to move, then restarted and got going at about 9 mph. Next tried to move it again and nothing.

6. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Did you do the tutorial?

7. JoeKing

JoeKing New Member

Yes I did all the tutorials. Problem was that I had to do them all a couple of times to get them to work. Found more bugs when doing a route.

8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing any like this,what are talking about.