Major Physics Fault With Br204 At The Hafenbahnhof Order Scenario Causes Derailment

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Well I'm one of the eager ones who had to purchase the 1st ever all diesel German Diesel Locomotive, the br204. So let's get to it now, when you work your way through this scenario when you reach the freight yard to assemble 2nd stages of the freight cars first and foremost you have the first issue happening as you couple your current set of freight cars to the big brown one with the other BR204 hooked to it you start to heard this noise like the freight cars are banging against each other violently. Then as you perform the final step which is UN-coupling the locomotive from that set, 2 seconds later it just snaps off the rails like there would of been a big explosion right there which results into a scenario failure. Best this is looked into!

2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I had the same problem by playing this scenario for the first time. It seems that another BR 204 comes from the other side and crashes into your parked train on this track. So derailment is inevitable. In my opinion a programming bug. I solved this situation with faster driving, thus I escaped the collision and could finish the scenario...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I've re-attempted this scenario and learned something new on why it's happening. As you can see here my consist after it's coupled to the one with an existing BR204 (it's meant to be that way) decided to ram each other. There is still a logic scenario bug because there dose not seem to take into account how much "leg room exists". Despite this issue, 2nd attempt was successful, as you mentioned reverse the locomotive back as soon as you can so the BR204 on the other end can drive away as planned. The issue should still be officially fixed as not all players will know what to do

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've run this scenario without any problems whatsoever. It's a very good shunting activity, so I'll take it on again just to make sure that nothing like what other posters have reported happens. Surely each activity runs the same on all computers or gizmos?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for reporting the bug, I've forwarded it to our dev team!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input, Jasper, but this is a typical case of the boy who cried bug. The scenario in question is neither "broken" nor "bugged": just challenging, as a good shunting exercise should be in my opinion. As the driver completes each of the two consists (trains), the possibility of a derailment occurs if the driver does not pull away from the just-completed cut after uncoupling from it. I consider this one of the best shunting activities I've ever experienced in TSW.
    The only thing wrong with Rivet's (please note correct spelling!) DB BR 204 DLC is that it doesn't include enough activities and I very much hope that an auxiliary pack will appear soon, perhaps expanding the action to include Langenprozelten and Gemunden am Main at the other end of the line along with additional shunting at Lohr.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I myself have also been able to run this without issue and I am on PC

• Like Like x 1