1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Sound Overhawl (non Engine Sounds)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions & Proposals' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Active Member

I ride the rails quite often, currently experience in a EMU mostly. What I noticed while riding or waiting for my train to arrive is that there is a very noticeable sound feeback from the carriges. Such as flange, wheel rubbing, rail joint passing. Really important sound feeback from the train. I assume it's loud because the train itself is under the most pressure and intensity as it speeds up from the platform so there's a whole heap of stuff happening in the backround causing the pressure and stress on the wheels, such as the weight of the carrige, etc. When I sit inside the rail joint sounds are much louder and the wheel rubbing and flange is more obvious and loud. Really have to get the sound engineers to revisit the non-engine sounds or get a 3rd party out on the field to get some new recordings. Could start with the EMU's and DMU's first and see where that takes us first. Really would love to experience that thrill.

The train also gives a loud strong feedback when it slows back down as well

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Upvote Upvote x 1