Make Route Prices Cheaper On Console Than On Pc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by KingOfCunard, May 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. KingOfCunard

KingOfCunard Member

I think that the prices for DLCs on console should be cheaper than on PC because on PC, there are sales constantly and so PC users can get DLCs cheaper. In addition, on PC there is a preorder discount. This is quite unfair to Console players who rarely get sales and don't get a preorder discount. The prices should also be reduced because of the supposed PC bias DTG has as PC users have more routes and DLCs than console users and have less bugs, glitches and issues.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's enforced by Sony and Microsoft. It's their store rules which set this precedent so blame them rather than DTG or PC users.

There's one more route on PC than console, and that was the very first route on release (the game was released on PC before being ported to console a few months later)... and PCs have as many glitches and issues as console, they're just different ones and maybe get fixed a bit quicker

But generally, aim your issues at your store provider, as they hold the keys to the bargain basement

3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Why should it been cheaper on console thannon pc, where is the logic for that.

4. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Longer lifecycle on PC, and potentially infinitely long.... Personally I would prefer price parity, but cheaper on console is potentially a good idea. If the next gen XBox and PS5 can use the current TSW, then it's not an issue for a while.

At the moment, TSW is potentially far cheaper on PC, because there are various vendors - so there is always a sale on.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a valid argument. There are also giveaway competitions by DTG where the prizes are Steam Keys. Console players are excluded there as well. There is a perceived bias towards PC when it comes to bug fixes, which can’t easily be proven and may not actually be true, but the other elements of bias whether intended or not are clear to see.

If, however, DTG were to sell DLC at lower prices overall on console, there would be quite a lot of complaints from the PC players, as the other perks they get are seen as additional offers, not related to the actual official prices. Other than coming up with a way for console players to get a pre-order discount and to offer console DLC as prizes in giveaways, I don’t see that anything else needs to be done. They can keep the prices the same then.

One thing I have noticed is that loco DLC is always advertised at £11.99 but on PS4 you pay £11.49 - maybe PS4 players are getting a better deal here as there is no pre-order discount on loco DLC on PC as far as I recall.

6. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

On PC you can pre order all routes and weirdly the Cal Train Baby Bullet but other than that there went any pre orders for PC on any other Locos.

7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I actually quite like the idea of a pre-order discount. I'm in favour! :D

8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Just an aside/musing...: I suspect that the price differences in "original" price (which isn't RRP...?), is based on the cut that Sony/Microsoft/Steam/others take when selling software - and I suspect that higher "undiscounted" prices on Steam reflects a bigger cut taken by them (and or Visa/PayPal/etc.). In an ideal world, everyone would pay the same, for the same product, as an end-user.... but there is no such thing as an ideal world.

• Like Like x 1