Manchester Metrolink For Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Leo Martin, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Leo Martin

Leo Martin New Member

I've always wanted a metro style route in Train Sim World, and having travelled on the Metrolink many times, I can say it is one of my most wanted content for TSW. I've been promoting it in Train Simulator too, however feel that the road, houses, shops and many of the external scenery would be a huge let down, as the Metrolink traverses through the very heart of the city, where people are shopping, buses are everywhere and there is a lot of hustle. I therefore think TSW could be the perfect platform for a Manchester Metrolink rouute, with the detailed trams and learning how to drive them, as well as the incredibly detailed scenery outside of the railway itself, I truly believe this could be the best platform to launch a British metro style route, and the Metrolink is a perfect example of a route where TSW could really bring it to life.

Metrolink Facts:

> The Manchester Metrolink has 7 lines in total covering 93 stops along 62 miles of standard gauge track.
    > The Metrolink covers stations in the heart of Manchester including Piccadilly Gardens and St Peter's Square to the suburbs of the city in Rochdale, Bury, Altrincham and Ashton Under Lyne.
    > The Metrolink now serves Manchester Airport with a service originating from Manchester Victoria.
    > 6 Lines interchange at Deansgate Castlefield giving almost endless possibilities for scenarios and service mode.

Overall, the Metrolink covers a huge area, one that could be truly brought to life in TSW with it's detailed and immersive scenery and service mode. This is a great way to bring one of England's busiest cities to life in Train Sim World.

Attached Files: