March Madness Sale

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Clumsy Pacer, Mar 14, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Im holding off preordering Lucern until we get the preview thread then and only then will I decide if Im going to buy on day 1.

Not saying I dont have faith in Rivet, but yeah Im not overly confident that its going to be of the standard that will get me paying 90% of the list price

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

There's a few patches for CC on the TSC site that make it just a little bit better. I recommend them for maximum enjoyment.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Cane Creek isn’t at all bad, though I have a fondness for the route having first encountered it in Trainmaster 4, way back in 2000/2001. As regards the mods, main one is to change the track/ballast texture. I tried the sound mod but didn’t feel it made too much difference and went back to default. Also unlike Sherman, CC doesn’t go into a FPS meltdown, much better optimised.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yes, I also got Cane Creek and man, what an amazing little route. The ballast is a bit horrible looking at time, but other than that, it's a really pretty route. There are a few issues, but I love it

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Agreed, once again I'm asking myself why I listened t the reviews and didn't add this to my collection sooner.

6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

They come with a new train, a new safety device feature (etcs / integra) and from what i saw it looks good. The fact they model the brake indicators is telling me its going in the right direction.

The discussion about the route lenght has everybody to know by him self. Technically the line is enclosed as s18. The same train continues to baar as s1, which is not included.

Both arosa and this have much dlc potential for rolling stock. So its a good move from rivet approaching swiss routes the way they do.

7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Despite the bugs, cane creek nails the desert feeling entirely with the atmospheric scenery and open landscape.

• Like Like x 2
  8. btom

btom Member

congrats on getting Cane Creek, is the few graphical errors in the scenary? Maybe I should also get it while it's on sale

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Honestly, Cane Creek is one of the best looking routes in TSW. The southern end between Moab and Potash in particular is spectacular.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I just wish the ballas would look better on the route.

In broad daylight it's okay, but depending on time and weather the track ballast will have a completely different color than the ballas texture on the ground. Even though they use the same texture, so I suppose the issue is different material settings for the track ballast and the terrain. They could really do something about that.