Mariazellerbahn In Austria

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thelivingturtle, Feb 23, 2019.

1. thelivingturtle

thelivingturtle New Member

I'd love to finally see a route in Train Sim World that is in Austria and it would be nice to finally see the Mariazellerbahn, a narrow gauge train line from St. Pölten to Mariazell, in a train Simulator.

This line has a Variety of different Locmotives, railcars and waggons from the ÖBB and one railcar from the NÖVOG which took over the line a few years ago. On the line are viaducts, tunnels and a beautiful view when it goes up the mountain.

Personally I'd like to see the line during the ÖBB era simply because there are 5 locomotives, including a electric loco that was in Service for around 100 years, and 2 railcars.
    The potential locos are ÖBB 1099, 2095, 2091, 2093 and the railcars ÖBB 4090 and 5090. The fifth potential loco is a steam loco called the MH6 which stands for Mariazell Heißdampf 6.

Most of the locos exept the 1099 and 4090 could also be used in other austrian narrow gauge lines.
    The 1099 has a few different possible liveries as well.

Here's an example of a typical train during the ÖBB era leaving St. Pölten:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. wgrn#6154

wgrn#6154 Active Member

It is a line of 84 km (52 miles) long route. It has a lot of stations and a very long travel time. I know a lot of TSW enthusiasts want an Austrian route and this route had historic trains. Now it has modern Stadler trains, including panorama coaches. The maximum speed is 80 km/h (50 mph). The travel time is 2 hours and 17 minutes from beginning to end.
    upload_2024-4-4_10-56-28.png [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Caravatt

Caravatt Well-Known Member

Basically a sort of Bernina line. Those panoramic carriages are practically identical to those of the Glacier and Bernina Express. Count on me for this route!! Coming from a lover of European metric railways! I would rather see this route set in the OBB era. And I hope one day to see a French metric route as well, for example the CFC in Corsica (Which I suggested).
    EDIT- Oh, it's electrified! Usually they're almost always diesel-powered, especially those that are so long.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  4. amityblight#4241

amityblight#4241 Member

I'd love to see a route like this in TSW as well! Great scenery and very interesting rolling stock, especially if this would be taking place in the ÖBB era. The two German routes which are set in the 90s have been both made and received very well, so I'd see potential in an Austrian 90s route too. Would be an instant pre-order for me :)

One point of concern is perhaps the length. Over 80km length with more than 2hrs long services might be no big deal for us train enthusiasts but could maybe be off-putting for the average customer...

5. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

HELL YEAH... takes like over 2hrs cos of lower speeds, extremely cool, on my bucket list of routes to ride <3 ... this would be a day one pre-order for me :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

also, *drool* :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. daanloman#3930

daanloman#3930 Well-Known Member

Great idea. Traveled past it recently and will again soon. hope to travel on it one day. either by game or irl. but preferably both. all in for more austrian content.

• Like Like x 1