Upcoming Release Master The Machine With Tsw3

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Thanks dtg I can finally look forward to deleting the mess that's called tsw2. You actually have me looking forward to next month.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Meh. The hype was more interesting than the reveal. I was looking forward to see what TSW3 contained, but I'm dissapointed...

Kassel-Wurzburg, just another one-trick pony. I know both the ICE1 and German high speed routes are being requested frequently, but why did it have to a one-trick pony without any regional trains... we already have a decent collection of German high speed routes. I was looking for something refreshing.

SEHS extension, might be an okay-ish route, but it still is 'just' an extension. It also comes with no new trains at all.

Cajon Pass, that one is new I admit, but US freight is just another type of one-trick pony, and it's not really my kinda thing.

So, the 3 routes don't really convince me to buy TSW3. Then there's the features, which are nice, but not sure I'm willing to pay the asking price. I guess I'll wait for upcoming articles and streams, perhaps they will convince me.

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Looking pretty good! I'm not jumping for joy, bursting with glee but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

SEHS isn't the first route I'd have wanted to see extended or upgraded, GWE is probably the most requested in that regard, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. It's clear that they wanted to give players something new but didn't want to commit to a whole new route. I just wish it didn't stop at Ashford. I'd be much more excited if the line continued to Folkestone or Dover. Also the door is now open for Eurostar DLC in the future, which is excellent.

Obviously all the new features and visuals look excellent. While I'm glad all the previous routes will be compatible it's gonna be weird going back to routes that look so much worse than the new ones. I'm not sure if the preservation crew will be doing yet another round of updates- somehow I don't see that happening.

• Like Like x 6
  4. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Hopefully the ps5 memory limit is fixed in tsw3 as it won't be in tsw2 now

• Like Like x 4
  5. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Is TSW3 going to solve the PS5 dlc limit?

• Like Like x 5
  6. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Furthermore, what about progress? Is this a case of starting from level 0 again? I cant remember if this was mentioned in the stream

• Like Like x 6
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Agreed, with another ICE & SEHS again, it just feels like TSW 2 re-releasing.

I desperately want to see new Trains.

• Like Like x 4
  8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This is a pivotal question.

A yes or no please DTG?

• Like Like x 7
  9. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Yeah. The next British route from DTG better be a good one.

• Like Like x 11
  10. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

Preorder done. The only real question I have is will there be a proper photomode in TSW3? Looking for something that will stop the action and allow the user to move the camera and be able to adjust setting.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The complaints are rightly justified. We were told that fixes to old routes would come. Now it seems as if players will have to pay to get bug fixes that were promises to players.

Even though I got over $100 in Xbox Store credit, Im not even sure if I should buy this game. What dtg have done is a joke

• Like Like x 7
  12. tachionicantitel83

tachionicantitel83 Member

I think so too, the Achievements should be fixed in any case. I am after this topic for the second time (Cement Circle TSW 2020 and now TSW 2) anyway thinking about whether I still buy TSW 3.

I collect achievements for years and complete each game, but with Train Sim World I always have to be afraid :( There is no support for the hobby and you have to invest a lot of money, because you need all the routes DLCs.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. traindriver#6052

traindriver#6052 New Member

On the playstation store the pre order shows up as ps5 is the pre order for ps4 as well

14. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Is the Road Map tomorrow as stated by JD in the video or Thursday as stated by DTG Alex in the post?

• Like Like x 1
  15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

All well and good DTG being all flashy, unfortunately though most of us have just suffered through pretty much the entirety of TSW 2 with serious issues.

DTG recently told us that they’d be going dark to work on core improvements & bug fixes, only to now come out with “hey look at our £50 product that makes TSW 2 obsolete”

This is essentially cementing a pattern, that when DTG encounter a few large issues, they just start up a new product.

So yes, rightfully so people want answers.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
  16. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Still no consist editor either.

• Like Like x 5
  17. tallboy7648

They'll come, after you buy TSW3 it seems.

• Like Like x 3
  18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for Kassel Würzburg they should have merged it with Main Spessart Bahn as Schnellfahrstrecke Asschaffenburg/Kassel-Würzburg. Now we have the Rallion 185.2 LZB Capable since most Freight trains on Kassel Würzburg use Lohr Connector Line except for Hamburg Maschen services stay on the line to Hannover via Kassel from Würzburg. What they need to know is that the 1st route needs to be future proofed to include ÖBB Nightjet and Freight runs. So does Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen.

• Like Like x 5
  19. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

All in all I really liked what I saw!
    TSW3 is certainly a preorder from me, especially with the 4 days early access.

As TSW2 is far too bug ridden to ever be fully fixed I think switching to TSW3 is the BEST option, especially with all the benefits it is bringing.
    I just hope, TSW3 will be a much more stable and less buggy game!!!

• Like Like x 6
  20. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

I can only agree with many. The Trophy issue or Achievement issue should be addressed in a timely manner.

It was promised in the routemap for TSW 2 and for this game and not only TSW 3 we need the fix.

Hence my question to the roadmap stream ? What happened to the routemap item Achievements Fix.

• Like Like x 7
  21. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Road Map has 2 Parts this time round, the Live Stream for Both Parts will be on Thursday.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. dertobi

dertobi Member

Then could you please include the question regarding this fix? I mean there are quite a few people here asking about this topic.

• Like Like x 7
  23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Indeed.

There are still many broken "Journeys" across the TSW2 routes - e.g. Chopper and Change on TVL - so I'm guessing these will all just be left under the carpet where previously swept.

Also interesting looking at the FAQ, no pre-order discount on the Standard Edition, only the Deluxe which you don't need if you already own SEHS and SoS.

• Like Like x 5
  24. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Is there a DTG-make-a-new-announcement-and-forumers-have-a-meltdown bingo card?

How dare DTG release a new game, game developers releasing new games is disgusting X
    DTG have not addressed this one specific point that has nothing to do with TSW3 therefore I AM ANGRY X
    This doesn't give me the routes that I want therefore it is BAD X
    Pay money?! For a product?! DTG have lost the plot! X
    I didn't listen to or read any of the info but have opinions anyway X
    I shan't be buying this, just as I said I wouldn't buy TSW2, Rush Hour, anything from Rivet, and yet here I am, on the forum 2 years later complaining about all the above products I bought on day 1 X

Just missing:
    Please Sandra let me see the kids, I promise I won't chain them to a business park fence again in protest against a computer game

And it'll be BINGO

• Like Like x 30
  25. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only way for existing users to get answers to questions is to sit through 2 streams.

• Like Like x 3
  26. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

Even if TSW 3 looks nice, in the end it's really a pity that the announcement actually only shows that TSW 2 will probably be left behind with its problems again.

Many fans and customers have been trying for months to get help from DTG and now we have to hope again that promises will be kept.

Very disappointing that with the achievements fix.

• Like Like x 9
  27. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

There is something wrong with the discount. In the article there is a pre-order bonus announced for both the DeLuxe edition and the standard edition. In the steam store the latter is missing. Please clarify DTG. I bought Sos without any discount and I don't like to be punished now with another discount denial.
    Schermafbeelding 2022-08-09 190237.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  28. xxMVG_Fan8xx

xxMVG_Fan8xx New Member

Train Sim World 2 - The Environment Update

only 60€! Get it today and play it in a month and don't expect anything in TSW2 fixed

That's at least what I get from the TSW3 thing

• Like Like x 7
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Wow.
    Disappointed because it doesn't include things it was never going to include????

• Like Like x 3
  30. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Seems i have a rather strict opinion 180 degrees in the other direction. Finally dtg start to extend routes and make a better experience by that. Im sure the new uk route will come. But investing time in extension technology makes it worth 100% for the feature. Thats a premiere.

Another "new" route a la the 50% harlem line? No thank you.

• Like Like x 4
  32. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Brilliant stream today, well done DTG, really exited for Sep 6th

thanks JD for answering my questions on the forum

• Like Like x 4
  33. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

• Like Like x 5
  34. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Any performance improvements on existing routes to be expected in TSW3 (in regards to fps, stutters)?

35. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Kassel Würzburg and Cajon Pass are routes worth it's standard TSW price (30€) so will update to TSW3
    One technical question: Can this new base routes in TSW3 be uninstaled in steam library or they are packed together like now in TSW2?
    DLC browser.png

36. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

You get a free upgrade if you own SOS and SEHS - but if you want all routes its cheaper to buy the standard pack and get the free SOS upgrade. Or you could just go for the German route or American one and get SEHs / SOS upgrade for free if you own them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

So the routes look interesting...I really hope you do the ES44 justice and we don't get another abomination like Skyhook did. I hope you saw that feedback and took a different path, particularly on audio and the in-cab MFD. I was watching a run8 stream last night and their ES44 sounded realistic (proper GEVO engine sound, traction motors screaming) and longed for the day TSW has anything close to that.

But any excitement about the new TSW3 features is quickly shoved aside for disappointment. I'm finding it hard at the moment to find the right words, but your current business model of replacing the game when things go awry doesn't sit well with me. I had a feeling this was going to happen, being proven right doesn't feel good. I imagine your roadmap tomorrow will still indicate TSW2 will receive some life support for a while so that remaining fixes can go out, but I'd be willing to bet most of the major fixes are locked to TSW3 now, which means paying (indirectly, at least) for necessary (and promised) upgrades. Cool. I'm going to digress here though...

This should've been released today. Period. Given the state of the TSW franchise right now, you really shouldn't be holding out information to "string us along" for some 3 day announcement extravaganza (™). There are legitimate concerns and questions right now in the comments above mine and they really should've come as part of the announcement today.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Well I’m not too fussed about what connects to what, the win here will be if the 185.2 has been improved, since it’s still in a precarious state.

I would also like to know if the 375 from SEHS has been at least brought upto the same standard as the BML Electrostars.

• Like Like x 3
  39. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

What about SEHS? Will I get the Ashford extension if I only buy the German base pack assuming I own SEHS for TSW2

• Like Like x 4
  40. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

People are annoyed and yeah probably angry that promises that have been in the pipeline since TSW2 was launched have now apparently been ignored, Take the Passengers on London Commuter, They all disembark at Gatwick regardless of what service you're on at that end of the line and nobody boards the service after so for half the route you're driving an empty train. People who put in hours of progress on TSW2020 and had been promised it was being worked on to have it transferred over to TSW2 have now apparently been thrown under the Bus for a game the developers want us to pay 50 quid for to get all the bells and whistles version. I'd say they are allowed to be disappointed and angry and those excited for it are also allowed to be excited. Personally I'm in the disappointed group, I won't be able to afford 50 quid for this game and TSW2 is frankly broken in many aspects of it.

• Like Like x 5
  41. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

In fairness, its a very long German route, an American Route and a route extension upgrade plus wagon set. So 60e for all those is still pretty good

42. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Yes, any TSW3 pack will do.

• Like Like x 2
  43. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Another musing… Where does this leave third party items that were in development for TSW2? In particular the DB BR232 diesel loco and DB BR420 EMU from TSG?

• Like Like x 5
  44. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Note TSW2 is completely vanished from the DTG website. So all historic articles are gone, roadmaps are gone. Is TSW2 abandoned or will it still be supported? The problem is TSW2 has a lot of unacceptable bugs that prevent you to complete gameplay. This is not acceptable into my opinion. What will happen tot the preserved collection updates. I really think TSW3 as a new product is a bad decision and bad for confidence, how nice it may be.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It's only 'pretty good' if you like German high speed, US Freight, and an extension to a route most of us already own. Oh yes, and a new wagon... wow... amazing...

• Like Like x 5
  46. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

I’m worried that after paying out fifty quid for TSW3 we get another product like the bug ridden and still not fixed Rush Hour . I doubt I will be getting this on day one for that reason, not to mention the fact that it seems a bit dear compared to RR

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  47. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I'll just tag Maik Goltz and see what info he can give about those 2

• Like Like x 1
  48. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

They literally just released a northern, steam based route two months ago! Plus SEHS has the worst scenery of any route in TSW2 so a revamp is very welcome.

• Like Like x 5
  49. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

50. tallboy7648

I mean there is the ice 1.