Mbta: Providence/stoughton (aka Nec: The Fast Bit)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Celendis, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Celendis

Celendis Member

I'm sure this is no new suggestion, but I really would like to encourage development of the 114 km MBTA Providence/Stoughton Line from Boston South Station to Wickford Junction.

This line allows several opportunities for multiple types of service: 4 Amtrak stops serviced by Acela Express and Northeast Regional trains with ACS-64 locomotives, 13 MBTA commuter stops with the MPI HSP46 locomotive, varied CSX freight services, and the potential for a MBTA subway expansion in Boston.

The line speed in this area of the NEC are up to 150mph (241kph) and at least 120mph (193kph) for most of the intercity trip between the two cities. The Avelia Liberty trainset is being tested at 165mph (266kph), which may increase the line speed further.

This line provides a fantastic opportunity to highlight the US high speed rail implementation with a suitable amount of other services to provide a varied US rail driving experience, while also maintaining a reasonable line length.

• Like Like x 5
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see MBta Boston to providence sometime soon in the future for train sim world 2 hopefully they’ll announce it on the future roadmap.

3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes! I'm down for whatever might bring back the ATC/ACSES, the coolest of the safety systems and something different, hopefully a bit less bugged

4. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I only have 1 thing to say

YES PLEASE!

• Like Like x 1