Merseyrail Route Add-on

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by owenpowell1902, Jul 31, 2022.

1. owenpowell1902

owenpowell1902 New Member

I made a post about the suggestion a while ago however i feel it wasnt detailed/sold enough, i feel a merseyrail route would be a step in the right direction for route add-on wise, merseyside is a significant place for transport as it has the oldest running trains in the uk (if im right of course) with the classes 507 and 508 EMU's, furthermore it is soon to be home of the class 777, carrying on, merseyside is a large area meaning it needs plenty of transport, selected routes are also underground and overground which there isnt enough of in TSW2 apart from rapid transit and the bakerloo line, im sure im missing one however it will be refreshing for one to be announced. After seeing how much of a great job rivet games did with the 484 and IOW 2022 i feel they could do a spectacular job with a merseyrail route, of course part of the work is already done for them relatively speaking with the 313 being similar, and the 314.

What services do i think would be best? Now my opinion will be slightly biased with growing up with the northern line, however with it being not a massive branch, it would be perfect, with trains going from liverpool central to ormskirk, every 15 minutes and close range stations it will be a fun challenge.
    As far as scenery goes it isnt exactly Switzerland however it has its ups and downs from the views from peoples houses to beautiful fields and 'forests'

It also has great scenario possibilities with from dealing with matchday crowds casing delays, to coupling an unfunctional 507 as liverpool central and taking it back to kirkdale depot there is so many ideas.

As you can tell it does mean alot for me if this route was put into consideration and after talking to several communities, it would mean a great deal to them too.

Please do let me know what you think about the suggestion. Cheers ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 3