Mike Boughton

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by mikebou, Jun 29, 2019.

1. mikebou

mikebou New Member

Hi all,
    I've finally joined the community though I have been playing around with Train Simulator for a while.
    I live in Western Australia. I have always had an attraction to trains and model trains. But a lack of income and room means I never invested in a model train set.
    Then I discovered TS and not only could I have a virtual model, I could actually drive them, and get to know the fundamentals of driving real world trains as virtual models. I was hooked.
    I have slowly been getting better at driving my favourite loco, steam engines. My most used route is Riviera in the 50s and I just love the 5700 pannier. One of my more recent achievements is being able to climb out of Kingwear doing @ 25 kph and keeping boiler pressure up. All without the F4 or F3 hud. I do it with the info shown using F5. And no auto fireman.
    Now I would also like to dabble in route creation. I want to create the train line between Narrogin to Merredin. This line ran through my home town of Corrigin. It's still in use fortunately. All freight. Mostly grain transport out and fertiliser back in.
    So I'm looking for a creation manual on how to start creating a route. I've tried but I find the tools very clunky. I put that down to a lack of knowledge.
    Thank you for reading and I hope to speak with you all on the forum.
    kind regards,
    Mike Boughton