PlayStation Miles Driven Not Tracking

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Boda09, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Boda09

Boda09 Member

I saw that the miles under the picture at the main menu stop traking the right number. Its showing 6896 and if i drive 32 miles it only adds like 1 mile so i end up with 6897. I tried senarios and services in various routes... And under the route section is traking just fine. If i do the math it shows like 7495 witch is rigth. By the way i am playing on PS5. Sorry for my bad english.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The game does take a while to update this information, it should hopefully have updated by the time you next play the game

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

I’m having the same problem: any fix yet?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

So the miles track on LGV route ok. But on some others it only racks up 1 mile for every 30 or so. Not sure what’s going on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I did lgv earlier and it did work , I’ll play another Route tomorrow and tell you if the miles rack up or not

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  6. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Yes just like that for me

7. cilldroichid

cilldroichid New Member

I’m playing on PC and I have the same problem with the miles driven counter only increasing by about a mile per service/scenario. As far as I could figure out the counter only increased normally when driving over 160 kph/100mph, although I didn’t test that theory to much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

I'm on PS5 as well and just noticed this problem on the LIRR map. I had made the math to know about when I should hit that 10,000 mark and I considered the mandatory 1,000 for the M7 + M3 and I should've reached 8,200 with them, so I checked and only increased 50, so for the remaining services needed for the 70 mark I monitored the counter and saw this problem, half to a mile at best. So the nearly 1,500 miles on LIRR only added 60.
    I wonder what other maps have this issue, this is the first for me and I've been doing them in order.
    Apparently only when driving at higher speeds the counter moves. I don't know if it was like this all the time, I doubt it because there isn't enough mileage on those maps for me. Maybe this week's patch made things worse.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  9. ale#8132

ale#8132 New Member

Hi guys, i've the same problem...the game don't update the km driven, it' completly stopped at 10.734 km... i tried to play different dlc's (i bought all the dlc ) but the number under my account picture it' blocked...somebody knows if the game keep in memory the km driven also if it don't show the correct number or not? because i need it to unlock the platinum trophy (i need only the last trophy drive 10.000 miles more or less 16.000 km)..thank you...

10. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Has DTG acknowledged this as an issue yet? There has been nothing on the roadmap. I was moving rapidly to the 10k miles trophy and have stuck near 9k for quite some time now only moving marginally despite playing several hours a week

11. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

Apparently July 7th Patch did bugged it. But anything above 139kmph does add to the main counter. So if need be you can grind the Koln route with an ICE to add 81km every run, the route marks 70km at the end, but the main counter increases by 81, so at least there is bugged in a good way.
    Next I will test if going 320kmph the whole run sill adds mileage to my total, if that's the case you can reduce the 32min trip to around 15min, so 81km (50mi) every 15min sounds good.

Update: Tested it on ICE 18 Bruxelles Midi Service, first of all, it is terrifying as the train reaches 370kmph, surprisingly it handles the 160kmph turns well, but not the 120 ones, so you would need to slow down there. But worse of all is that it won't add mileage other than the initial part with 250 limit as you will stay under it as you still Speed up. As I suspected, only "Driving under the speed limit" distance counts, so just follow the speed limits and you will add 80km per Service.
    I would recommend only Grinding there after you are done with any High Speed DLC, and if any engine capable of 140+ kmph travel (usually an engine top speed is MaxV painted somewhere in the cabin + 10%) has a distance trophy/achiv, take it to Aachen - Koln for it and make use of those long 160 and 250 sections.
    Or wait for a re-patch.

Note: A great example for engines with Distance trophy that should, frankly MUST, be used in the Koln map is the BR155 DB. This engine has a ridiculously high 1550km Trophy, specially considering is a MaxV120kmph Engine, so it would require 13 hours of continuous operation at max speed to reach that mark. And worst of all, at a top 135 forced speed it wouldn't even add its near 1000 miles to your profile. BUUUT there is a simple way to make that engine run like an ICE and easily climb to those 160-250kmph
    On a custom scenario of course from Aachen to Koln and single Engine (Light). The trick is to set the Traction Force Selector to 130% (and your Braking Force Selector to 100% for good measure). Now the trick is to use the Tap Changer counterintuitive by holding R1 to reach the UP command and hold it there, you will see the Power Square raise from 1 up to 30 (realistically you only need 26 to reach 250kmph and stay there). This is because the UP / HOLD / DOWN commands control the direct power from the engine, and not a percentage of "full speed" as would pressing R2 would, that why when you reach 135kmph power is cut to coast at that supposed MaxV while using the UP command will direct the engine to keep applying power to the wheels, and that is how this 120kmph engine can turn into an 250kmph one and add a thousand miles to your profile while Grinding its ridiculous distance trophy.
    Always use Direct Brake under this configuration, if you use Driver's Brake you will have to restet the Tap and move it to at least position 1 and then back down to the UP command, Direct Brake doesn't affect your current setting.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

I was Grinding the distance trophy for the DB BR182 (1820Km) on Aachen-Koln as usual. After some trips I only needed 3 miles to reach the 10000 trophy, so I knew I'd get my Platinum early on the next one. But it didn't showed because I do Custom Services starting at Aachen and as some might know you have to stay under 140kmph until you pass the third tunnel and a bit after that you can rise up to 160 for the first time.
    As soon as I went over 140 the trophies popped, so it seems you get credited the previous distance until you break the dreaded 140kmph mark.
    Well, I no longer care for the main distance counter, but I hope it gets fixed soon for everybody else.