(minor) Tell Us The Correct Destination Markers In Timetable Information.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cyrill.kroonstuiver, Sep 7, 2020.

1. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Although I love the detail of being able to set the on-board destination boards, and in a lot of cases it's clear enough which one you should be picked, and in the case of the Doppelstockwagen you can press an automatic button to set it correctly (or to Nicht Einsteigen :( ).
    On routes with the BR 422 though, Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr and Rhein Ruhr Osten, there are a lot of services where your train's end destination is not actually on-map, and although in most cases you can see what type of service you're running, S3 on Hauptstrecke for example, that still leave 4 possible services.
    In this particular example; Köln, Essen, Oberhausen, Hattingen Mitte.
    Clearly it's not Köln nor Essen as those are either too far away or an on-map station that's clearly not it, and a google maps search can tell you which one it likely is.

Still though, I'd propose that your correct destination marker setting is added in the information of every timetable route.

My apologies for people reading through this rant of a relatively minor inconvenience.

Greetings,

Cyrill

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I totally agree. How are you supposed to set the correct destination if you don’t know where your train is heading to. In routes where you don’t need this information because there are no destination boards to set, the timetable shows the real destination of the train, but when you actually need that info, the timetable shows just where you are driving to.

• Like Like x 1