PC Missing A Stop In Timetable Mode

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by lcyrrjp, Dec 28, 2021.

1. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

On West Cornwall loco hauled trains are formed of 9 coaches, plus loco. The correct position to stop Is therefore the 10 car board.

Unfortunately at Redruth in the Down direction the stopping point defined by the game is at the 12-car board. As Redruth platform is only 9 coaches long, the 10, 11 and 12 car stop boards are located beyond the end of the platform. This means that if you do stop at the 12-car board with a 9-coach train, the front 2 coaches are beyond the platform, while at the back of the train there are 2 coach lengths of empty platform space.

Personally I don’t care about points, so I stop the train in the correct position, not the one defined by the game. However, in this case, the position defined by the game is so far from the correct position, that it doesn’t actually recognise you as having stopped at all. This means it doesn’t give a station stop timer, and after departure spends the rest of the journey giving no information other than that you need to call at Redruth, and how far it is behind you!

Does anyone know of a way around this? Either to skip the stop, or to get the game to accept that the stop has been made. Stopping with 2 coaches out of the platform for no reason really spoils the run.

Thank you for your help.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

You can't skip a stop, unlike MSTS or TS where you over-run a station and keep going, eventually the missed stop drops off and is replaced by the next one. A limitation of the core game and a horrible unfixed error on West Cornwall means you have no option but to stop way beyond the platform for the run to continue.

• Like Like x 7
  3. lcyrrjp

Thanks Vern. Not the answer I was hoping for but saves me more time messing about trying to work out how to do it! I'll now go and mess about working out how far short of the game's defined stopping point I can stop for it still to count it as a stop!

4. OldVern

That in itself seems to vary. Sometimes you can stop 30m short and the action prompt appears, other times more especially with freight you need to stop dead on the mark or even slightly beyond.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lcyrrjp

For anyone interested, the answer is that you must stop within 10 yards of the game's stopping point - and it turns out that stopping point is not, in fact, at the 12-car board. If you stop there it's no good. You have to go about an engine-length past it.

Lovely.

20211228204931_1.jpg
    20211228205044_1.jpg

20211228205109_1.jpg

6. lcyrrjp

As Rivet prepare to release their new route, on which they expect us to spend more money, it's probably a suitable moment to highlight that this bug - which they confirmed they were aware of 12 months ago, has still not been fixed.

However the editor works, correcting a stopping position - or allowing more leeway on the existing stopping position so that the player can stop in the correct position and it still 'counts' as having stopped - really cannot be a big job.

I assume we can expect to find that, if we choose to spend money on their new route, similar bugs on that will also be ignored.

• Like Like x 5
  7. OldVern

Despite the almost foaming enthusiasm for this new Rivet route - assumed to be Edinburgh to Glasgow - in some quarters, I myself am highly sceptical that it will deliver other than the usual standards from that developer quickly rubber stamped by DTG to bring in the cashola.

• Like Like x 2
  8. lcyrrjp

The infuriating thing is, there's a lot that I really like about West Cornwall. The stations themselves are well re-created, there is the genuine possibility of a signal check or two, which keeps you on your toes, and it's a rare opportunity to drive Westerns, 40s, 45 and 47s over a challenging route with multiple gradient and speed changes. It was almost excellent - but spoilt by a couple of stupid bugs which they couldn't spare a few minutes to fix. Maddening.

• Like Like x 4
  9. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

There’s still the issue on the Meißen branch on the Dresden route where you have to stop beyond the stop marker for the stop to count.

It seems to completely vary by route- some of the American freight stopping points are ridiculously precise.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Maybe stating the obvious here: I´d stop at the wrong point, keep the doors closed and then push back to the correct platform position. Lastly opening the doors. Sorta ´overshoot correction´.
    Of course, not exactly as one would do it in real life ... but then again, I don´t think the 37 even had door lock and openers ....

IMHO there´re quite a lot of inconsistencies in TSW when it comes to stopping points. Already mentioned, american freight with ridiculously precise marker demands (within 1m) to get recognized. Or on some german freight routes having the red signal 3 meters from the stopping point, yet you need to place the 2000t train precisely within 1m range.
    And on WCL (which I really like) I seem to remember an extremely delicate stopping marker when you have to refuel the Class 37 in one of the scenarios. To the point that you can´t go back into the loco to correct your position if you got it wrong first time.

11. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Well - let's not pretend DTG hasn't also been aware of bugs for years and still not fixed them *coughcough*hudsonlinesnowtextures*coughcough*.

12. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

On the subject of stopping points, while not related to the actual stop marker itself, one of my high frustrations with TSW is some routes that have missing stop marker signs at stations i.e. 4-car, 8-car, S-car boards etc. London Commuter, for example, has a load of stations which have these missing or, in some cases, a 10-12-car stop sign might be present, but the 8-car one is not there etc. Thus, it can ruin the immersion if driving without the HUD. I've always wondered how such basic, but fundamental stuff like this were missed to begin with. :(

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Wouldn't matter anyway; game stop markers are always put at the far end of the platform no matter the train length.

14. lcyrrjp

That’s not the case in my experience (if I’m understanding what you’re saying correctly). West Cornwall has stop markers beyond the end of the platform (in most cases correctly, although, as described in this thread, sometimes incorrectly) when the train is longer than the platform. Cross City, for example, has game stop markers part way down the platform when you’re driving a train which is shorter than the platform, and I’m pretty sure that’s true of other routes too.

15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If that's the case with Cross City then it's an improvement.

16. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I believe it's done in SEHS as well if I remember rightly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. I never use the HUD, however the only thing I keep on is the actual stop marker (as a result of the missing stop signs as mentioned earlier). Multiple stations on London Commuter have the stop marker not at the end of the platform (East Croydon and Clapham Junction are good examples), while I've been playing Luzern-Sursee most recently, and stop markers are not always at the far end of the platform.