PlayStation Missing Services In Main-spessart Bahn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Mar 16, 2020.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Hi there. I was watching a video by Hentis Rail on YouTube last night and I noticed that a lot of services in his BR185.2 list are not shown on mine... I just have 88 services on my PS4 for the BR185.2, I see 193 services on his list. For example, I don't have any banker service connection on my list (service DB89109). How is it possibile? We're both on PS4 and I don't think there is any additional DLC... Another thing I noticed: on his train list this train is called BR185.2, on mine is BR185.2DB...

2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

You can change the livery of the 185 (square button). All the heavy freight services on MSB with the banking loco are only available to the Railion DB185. Try it and you shall see :)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Thank you, didn't know that

4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Oh wow. Thank you for this - that is an amazing tip.

I am so happy that you posted this, that my joy is actually suppressing my slight frustration that this isn't made clearer in the game's UI... It's like the bizarre way you can get more services on GWE (and the only stopping services for some stations with the 166), by selecting certain menu options in a certain order......

What next....? Maybe there is a way to access a lot of switching tasks in the unused MSB yards... which requires a secret key combination, or random unexpected use of the UI.... ;-O

5. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

With the banker services, there's no grand cover up to reduce the number of services, unfortunately. It's a case of the Railion livery having the "Banker COMM" switch on the in-cab radio and the DB Schenker livery not having that. The switch is a bit of a hack to get bankers working at all in the game, and was only introduced with Main-Spessart and later routes. There is a guy on the TSC Discord server (the same one who's managed to get trains onto different routes) who apparently has the timetable system somewhat worked out now and can add his own trains. It remains to see how effective this is, however, as there are a number of problems with it at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Yep - I know that there is no deliberate grand cover-up. I have just tested this "change livery" function for myself - and yes, the number of services increases from 88 to 193....

I think it is slightly unreasonable of the game designer to expect players to know that slightly changing the paint/decals on a loco fundamentally changes the functionality, and could more than double the content available for a loco. I always assumed that the pink icon (which turns out to be a paintbrush....) meant "last used", or something similar.....

Anyway - it could have been made slightly clearer with some text, such as "Change livery to change loco version - there may be a different number of services available for differently branded locos." I think it is brilliant that this content is there - it's a shame that DTG don't celebrate it - or tell anyone about it....

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been driving the V90 around for months now on MSB. You just need to activate it - press X then square... then R1... then L2 and R2 together... ohhh, ummm, what was the combination again...

8. mags4dorset

mags4dorset New Member