Missing Workshop Items

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by hurley40, Mar 3, 2021.

1. hurley40

hurley40 New Member

Hi. Last couple of days when I go to career or standard a lot of my train drives I had are missing. Also the add Ons from ap and just trains have vanished. I tried reinstalling but still the same. Can anyone help please

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You might be missing some files

In your Steam Client go to Library and click on Train Simulator
    Right Click > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files

See if that cures it.

3. hurley40

hurley40 New Member

Ok. Thanks. Don’t have access atm but will try later and let you know.

4. hurley40

hurley40 New Member

Hi again. I tried what you suggested but it’s still the same. Many missing scenarios and still no sign of my add ons. No point me purchasing anything else the way it is now. :{

5. hurley40

hurley40 New Member

Thinking about this started after one perticular workshop scenario which although I unsubscribed is still in the standard drive and is still playable. I can’t see it in the workshop list though. Any help would be appreciated

6. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

You possible need to rebuild the scenario database in TS2021.
    You also may need to remove that WS scenario manually.
    This is my long winded way but very effective method of doing that:
    Unsubscribe and delete Workshop Items – the correct way
    · If it is to do with workshop scenarios and/or a corrupt scenario database try this:
    · This is for errors that occur where TS20XX is loading, checking, verifying the scenario database on start – up.

NB: Verifying the game files won't fix a WS scenario problem.

1. Open Steam and highlight Train Simulator.
    2. Click on The Workshop Tab
    3. Click Browse then Subscribed items.
    4. Individually unsubscribe each scenario or choose Unsubscribe all to get rid of the lot.

TS-Tools (RW-Tools) Option:
    · Just because you have unsubscribed WS scenarios via STEAM does not mean that they have been removed from your computer.
    · Invest in the FREE TS-Tools and remove them route by route - they are colour coded - blue. In any route with WS scenarios – select them all with the CTRL key held down and TS_Tools will delete all of them.

You should also do this:
    1. To definitely delete all WS scenarios from your computer, navigate to \STEAM\steamapps\workshop\content\24010 and delete every file and sub-folder in that folder.
    2. DO NOT DELETE the \24010 folder itself
    3. (If you want to keep any or all scenarios then copy the contents first to a safe place before deleting the files and then reinstall once your error is fixed.

This is a must do - Rebuilding the Scenario Database
    Even after removing all WS Scenarios you may have a "corrupt" or large scenario database and that can easily be rebuilt:
    Close TS and navigate to: \STEAM\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Content and delete/rename the following 4 files:
    · SDBCache.bin;
    · SDBCache.bin.MD5;
    · RVDBCache.bin; (Optional)
    · RVDBCache.bin.MD5; (Optional)
    Restart steam and TS
    If not to do with WS scenarios - ignore this!

7. hurley40

hurley40 New Member

Ok Thanks. Go through this shortly

8. hurley40

hurley40 New Member

I tried everything you said. And although the workshops subscribed had gone, the Standard and career were still the same. Even the 1S39 And I still couldn’t see my add Ons when installed. As regards T-S Tools bit defender and malabytes would not allow it. So in the end I uninstalled and deleted the entire rail works folder. Reinstalled. Sorted. Career and standard showing what they should and add Ons installed ok.