1. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

[​IMG]
    The Montreal Locomotive Works M420 has to be one of my best suggestions yet. This monster isn't too old to be in a train simulator like TS2021. This thing has at least 2,000 horse power and is a four-axle road switcher, yet it can still pull consists in legendary style. Who would want to turn this bad boy down? It's extremely iconic in locomotion.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Personally, I tend to not buy locomotives until we have a proper route to run them on. I'm all for adding cool locos like this one, but at present time, I would not purchase it

• Like Like x 1
  3. itstypicalrailfanner16

Uh, these locos were built in Canada and were used by Canadian National. They were also one of the first loco models (the GP38-2 also) to use the wide-nosed Canadian Comfort Cab. You can't possibly be telling me you never knew that? I don't live in Canada, I live in the US, but I know they're built in Canada because I looked it up. And some units were sold and transferred to the US and used on short line railways. Genesee Valley Transportation, West Tennessee Railroad, Omnitrax, and Delaware-Lackawanna Railroad uses them. Regarding that, we're talking a Canadian locomotive model here!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  4. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

As shown in BCR colours would look fine on the Fraser and Caribou route :)

5. itstypicalrailfanner16

I'm starting to wonder if a lot of 3rd party TSC developers are stalking the forums because Diesel Workshop just made one.

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The DW was commissioned by someone on the TSC discord.

7. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Yellowhead Pass?

• Like Like x 1
  8. itstypicalrailfanner16

That and The Peace River Route would be great for running BCRail and CN MLW M420s. Haven't been to Canada myself, but I've been a hardcore fan of MLW M420s ever since I saw Atomic Train. The titular runaway train was a pair of M420s.