[mod] Csx Mp15dc Yn3 For Sand Patch Grade - Updated To 2.1!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheShotte, Jun 23, 2021.

1. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

New! Updated to version 2.1!
    Tested for compatibility with both Epic Games Store and Steam version of Train Sim World 2.

Requirements

Train Sim World 2
    Caltrain MP15DC Diesel Switcher Loco
    Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - San Jose

What This Mod Does

Gameplay
    Adds the CSX MP15DC loco in YN3 livery and replaces the GP-38 in 15 Cumberland Yard Services as well as adding it to the Cumberland Switchback Scenario. This effectively makes the MP15DC YN3 the yard goat for Cumberland Yard. This is not a reskin. The original Caltrain MP15DC CT is still fully available for use on the Peninsula Corridor route, this mod simply adds a variant of the MP15DC, in YN3 livery, that is completely independent of the Caltrain loco for use on Sand Patch Grade.
    Locomotive
    The model itself had to be modified just to allow for a proper CSX logo on the loco, not to mention the new paintjob and decals. I had to modify and re-import both the Exterior and Cab meshes of the locomotive. The resulting model is a fairly accurate representation of an actual CSX MP15DC in YN3 livery. Furthermore, once imported into Unreal, proper paths had to be set to the assets used by the locomotive to essentially make it possible to turn it into a stand-alone locomotive independent of the Caltrain one (although they do share some features).
    Optional Feature
    Also provided in the zip file for Version 1.1 is "TS2Prototype-TS-SPG-CSX-MP15DC-FlippedFormation.pak" (created by Anna_AWVR a.k.a. Yuri), which is an alternate Nose to Nose formation for the majority of the services to spice things up. The default formation for the MP15DCs is cab to cab, noses out, so you drive looking forward. However, if you wish to use the alternate nose to nose (cabs out) formation, please install this file along with the main mod pak following the instructions below.
    Appreciation
    If you appreciate the literal hundreds of hours of work that went into making this mod a reality, please consider a PayPal donation as a show of support if you would like to see more mods of this caliber in the future.

Changes

Version 2.1
    • Ported over to Rush Hour - UE 4.26 Update
    • Adjusted "Fire Extinguisher Inside" sign on back cab door to be closer to door (was casting shadow before)
    • Added LODs for both cab and exterior meshes, did only LOD0 initially for both
    • Fixed some spots on body texture that were still black

Version 2.0

• Separated the loco into it's own entity, thus leaving the Caltrain version of the MP15DC intact - this part actually entailed a whole lot of development
    • Adjusted the glossiness of both inside and outside of the loco
    • Other miscellaneous tweaks

Version 1.11
    • Corrected some vertices weight issues for decals (issue was visible only when rear cab door was open)
    • Adjusted color of CSX logo text ever so slightly to better match it's counterparts

Version 1.1

• Edited the textures and made sure there are no parts with bad texturing, also changed the tone of the blue color ever so slightly to match existing stock more, and a bunch of other touchups to other maps (MRAO) respectively
    • Corrected various smoothing issues on both the Exterior and Cab meshes, overall presentation should be better
    • Removed Brake Cut-out and compartment from the Exterior mesh (it was on the right hand side, on top of the Emergency Fuel Cut-off)
    • Removed roof scoop from the Exterior mesh
    • Removed the 2 blank screens from the Cab mesh (top of control stand)
    • Added more decals (Watch Your Step, F (front) decal, etc.)
    • Added proper CSX MP15DC road numbers 1140 - 1149 (initial release used only 2 from original release)
    • Adjusted MP15DC reflectors to match default CSX stock slightly better, although still limited by the fact that default CSX reflectors are their own material
    • Other misc. corrections
    Version 1.0 - Initial Release
    • Substituted GP-38 with MP15DC on 15 Cumberland Yard Services
    • Added MP15DC to Cumberland Switchback
    • New menu Thumbnail
    • Modified Exterior Model of MP15DC
    • -- Removed the polygons for the old Caltrain decal along with the hinge covers
    • -- Extensively changed UV map to allow for new livery
    • -- Added CSX logo decals to both sides, and remapped the hinges underneath the Logo so that the paint on the hinges matches
    • -- Added a bunch of decals all around the loco
    • -- Changed road numbers to all be 4 digit
    • -- Modeled and UV mapped new ditch light box, moved up all ditch lights to be accurate and on the same height as all CSX locos
    • -- Removed number board hood from the front of the cab, moved Horn to main roof (was on top of the removed hood)
    • -- Added number boards to the front of the nose
    • -- Deleted cup holder looking things that were above the left ditch light on both front and back of loco (it's not present on CSX MP15DCs)
    • Modified Cab Model of MP15DC
    • -- Changed road numbers to 4 digits
    • -- Modified/Removed some other decals
    • -- Fixed Rain FX/wiper not working on the front left cab door present on vanilla MP15DC
    • Besides the glass and like and some cab textures (dials and whatnot), all other textures and maps were changed, some created entirely from scratch
    • Changed interior color to better match CSX stock

Legal Notice

This add-on contains the usage of non-licensed materials. However, being artistic, educational and non-commercial in nature, the non-licensed materials are legally released in accordance to "Fair Use" - Section 107 of the Copyright Act.

Credits

Anna_AWVR a.k.a. Yuri:
    MP15DC SPG Service Substitution, Cumberland Switchback loco substitution, changing road numbers, ~50% Base Color Texture, moral support. Overall awesome person. Also created the Alternate Formations entirely.
    TheShotte: Models and changes for both Exterior and Cab models along with TSW2 engine import, 50% Base Color Texture, with a few new materials and countless other texture maps.

Download

Train Sim Community

Installation Instructions

1. Download and extract the contents of "SPG_CSX_MP15DC_YN3_V2.1-4.2.6.zip" to a location on your Hard Drive.
    2. From the extracted files, copy the file 'TS2Prototype-TS-SPG-CSX-MP15DC.pak' into *'(GAME_LOCATION)\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC', if you had a previous version of the mod, make sure you overwrite the old file.
    3. If you wish to use the alternate Cabs Out (Nose to Nose) MP15DC formations, also copy "TS2Prototype-TS-SPG-CSX-MP15DC-FlippedFormation.pak" along with the above file.
    *(GAME_LOCATION) being the game directory ex. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2'

Important Note: Please remove any other modifications that may alter the MP15DC Locomotive. An example of such a modification would be the "Amtrak MP15DC" mod by Anna_AWVR a.k.a. Yuri.

Media

Overview Video by Schnauzahpowahz:

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]\
    [​IMG]\
    [​IMG]\
    [​IMG]\
    [​IMG]\
    [​IMG]

Special Thanks
    Huge thank you to Will from T.S.C. Discord for his incredible help (in more ways than I can describe), I'm not sure if v2.0 would be possible without him. Also, thank you to Schnauzapowahz for his overview videos.

Note:
    Please do not redistribute this file without permission. If you plan on using this for your own mods, please get our permission to do so first.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. TheShotte

Dear mods, if possible, can you merge my previous thread in "Creation Centre" with this one? If not, then just delete it entirely. I decided that this section of the forums is more suitable for this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheShotte

Version 1.2 coming soon. Major change will be that the CSX MP15DC will now be a separate livery/loco, no longer replacing the Caltrain MP15DC. I'm more or less done with it, it's now undergoing testing, and as soon as I know it's good, I will release it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. TheShotte

Version 2.0 has been released!

• Like Like x 6
  5. TheShotte

So as some of you may know, I have begun porting the MP15DC YN3 to the new version. Having said that, MP15DC YN3 is a pretty complex project, as it essentially adds a brand new loco to the game, the initial release took me close to 100 hours of development, mind you, that's just development, it was probably another 100 hours figuring out how to make things work. Now I have to redo a bunch of assets from scratch because of the update. I figure I will have a release by the end of this week.

I normally wouldn't ask, but recent times have been very trying for me, and if you would like to support me and my modding endeavors, please consider a symbolic donation.
    http://paypal.me/PJtotheK

My next order of business will be the DB 112 corrections.

• Like Like x 3
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Remember, glory is eternal!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wow. I can't believe you guys actually managed to make it a separate locomotive. Previously I didn't want to download as it overwrote the CalTrain one, but this way it's just perfect.

Amazing job, thank you for your work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheShotte

So a quick status update - the loco itself is pretty much ready to go, almost in the state it was prior to 4.26 update. However, I decided to wait off until the Scenario Planner formations are good to go, since the loco had no Scenario Planner support in the previous release and I find that lacking. In any case, we're only a few days off.

• Like Like x 5
  9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Eager to be switching again with your great mod -- thanks for these updates.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dinosbacsi

Same. I havn't played SPG for a while now, but this mod makes me want to play some switching on it again.

11. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I am waiting for the MP15 to get RD support.

12. TheShotte

Released v2.1, now compatible with Rush Hour Update - UE 4.26, if you would like to show your appreciation for the hundreds of hours of hard work that went into the creation of this mod, please consider tossing a coin to your modder.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Hooray!!!! Now I just have to find those instructions for setting up this dynamic duo of locos. It must be somewhere on my computer . . .

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's beautiful work; unfortunately, the GP38 is one of my favorite locos and I wouldn't want to sacrifice it....

• Like Like x 1
  15. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I agree. So I use Mod Manager to turn it on or off depending on which one I want to drive. That would not help with seeing them as AI though.

16. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

You still have the GP38 on Sandpatch just not for the switching activities.

17. TheShotte

You won't. The GP-38 remains active for 7 services even with the mod on, and the MP15DC effectively replaces it solely in yard services. It does not leave the yard.

Having said that - I was recently thinking of a version that would allow substitution with the locos, but I'm currently working on making a CN SW1500 so I've been pre-occupied.

• Like Like x 4
  18. robski

robski Member

Hi all, today I did the most fun scenario ever with the mp15 :) (still one of if not the best loco DLC ever in my opinion)
    I just noticed all of the logos and textures are gone... even in the cab and on the stairs.
    Does a mod cause this or is it something else?

Cheers
    Schermafbeelding 2022-01-14 185223.png Schermafbeelding 2022-01-14 185238.png

19. Dinosbacsi

Some mods seem to have broken textures since the latest updates, so yeah, I suppose this one is also broken. Such a shame, but hopefully it's not a big job to fix? Do we know what seems to have caused it in several mods?

20. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

I saw it mentioned in another thread that this mod’s creater used a certain technique to reskin items and that is what one of the recent game updates has broken. It’s the same with the aircraft in London Commuter and also the church in Clinchfield.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Well, I certainly hope this wasn't done by DTG to intentionally break these mods because of this new "creator's club." That would be an extraordinarily disappointing event. Has anyone gone through to see exactly which mods have been affected and which haven't?

22. solicitr

Extremely unlikely. Matt P's a modder himself!

• Like Like x 4
  23. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Anybody knows if other mods are affected so far?

24. Dinosbacsi

Yes, for example the Clinchfield Reimagined mod, where the church in Dante is broken as well.

Highly unlikely. Not trying to sound mean, but they can barely keep their own bugs and issues in check. Do you think they have the capacity or knowledge to intentionally go after mods and break them? And why would they want to in the first place? Mods make the game more popular on PC, which could result in higher player numbers.

• Like Like x 5
  25. solicitr

I think it much more likely that in the quest for optimization they updated the way the game renders certain textures, and that broke whatever backdoor TheShotte used for these items.

Just checked, and the same thing has happened to another loco of his that I've been beta testing.

26. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to be mean either. And I really hope I'm wrong, but I've seen similar things happen elsewhere where a developer wants to take control over what can and can't be added/modified. I was watching the stream the other night and there were some topics addressed that make me wonder a bit. Sometimes Sam is very specific about the words he chooses and the way he says things, or in some cases, doesn't say things. There's often a lot of subtext hidden in there. Hopefully, my concerns will be proven to be without merit. :D

27. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

“If you ask permission we will have to say no”

“read between the lines and understand what I’m not saying”

It’s possible that I may have grabbed the wrong end of the stick completely, but to me it seems pretty clear cut :) As Sam said, it doesn’t need spelling out.

On that note, well done DTG for separating ‘Creators Club’ out from the Expansion Pack. Very good move indeed.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Dinosbacsi

Havn't seen the stream myself, but judging by that quote they are basically saying "there is nothing wrong with modding, but legally we can't endorse it". At least that's how I see it.

29. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

It was specifically in reference to the question ‘can people make real world liveries for Creators Club’.

I don’t know but I’d imagine they would rather not have a long running in-depth discussion about this on the forum, but my interpretation of the stream is the same as yours.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  30. solicitr

What he said- heavily inviting careful parsing - was "If you ask us for permission to use a RL livery in Creator's Club, we will have to tell you No." Which is basically the same as "Don't let me catch you out after curfew". In other words, DTG won't notice them unless we make them notice them.

• Like Like x 2