Train Sim World 3 More Difficulty Needed For Immersion.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by max#2873, Jan 25, 2023.

1. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

This game need more difficulty settings especially realism for this game to remain attractive. Me for example play it for 2 months, allready no HUD, all safety system on, rail signs learned (somehow ;). I start feeling bored, I need some realism goodies, like I dont know... breaking couplings due to harsh breaking, overheating brakes or motors (Cajon or SH would be chalengefull again), .... give us more realism and concerns on the ride guys.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And what will the train companies who license use of their engines make of someone posting videos of trains braking on youtube?
    Driving trains is noted as a fairly boring monotonous job because of the way trains are. There's very little that can be done within a simulator or sim-game to make this not the case

3. max#2873

Cant be denied, BUT immersion is other thing, You misled my point, I think. I just want to feel responsibilty for driving few thousands tons of steel ;)

4. ARuscoe

No... If "things breaking" is immersion or how you find things different then unfortunately you're going to come against the people who want to do that on purpose, and then publicise that
    YOU may not want to do that, but there are those who will and you don't legislate for the masses, but the idiots...

And you get that by driving properly, within the limits and reacting properly etc. It's a dull business, but that's what trains are at their best, boringly predictable movers of thousands of people or thousands of tons of materials or goods

• Like Like x 1
  5. max#2873

I think Im just other kind of trainfan, there is NO for me any minatures, minitrains, dioramas, pikofaning etc. I am just into mass, bulking, inertion, lenght and overall greatness of trains, unfortunately lot of that is missing in a virtual games.

6. ARuscoe

Oh it takes all sorts to make a fanbase, and I am sure you want 100 cars of loveliness to haul for a few hundred miles.
    Just remember that in the game every connection is worked out physically for everything it does (so about 400 physical interactions every cycle on a 100 car train) and thats every cycle, including brakes, lateral forces etc etc so it's not the easiest thing to implement. And that's without the aforementioned "breaking stuff"

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Think there is more to be done on immersion and realism like diversions/running on the opposite line, line blockages and random events like, door closing issues for example.

Unlikely to get anything with regards to major train faults though as would imagine companies would be less likely to give licenses etc that show them in a bad light, but agree with the sentiment.