More Electrics For The Northeast Corridor

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by muertedechurra, Sep 9, 2018.

1. muertedechurra

muertedechurra New Member

I think there needs to be more electric locomotives for the northeast corridor route and the northeast corridor New York - New Haven. Because the ACS 64, Acela, HHP-8 and AEM-7s were not the only locomotives that operated on the northeast corridor. I'd like to see more variety of trains operating on these routes. I'd like to see some silverliner IV, silverliner V and some septa push pull trains. And maybe some older 70s and 80s era stuff like the metroliners, E60 and E44.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

I sent a proposal of the Amtrak E60 to DTM months ago. But yeah, I think it'd be nice to have the Washington to Philly Route set in the '80's and '90's! With Phase III AEM-7's, Phase III coaches, as well as the E60's!

• Like Like x 1
  3. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

I would love to see the map for the NEC worked on doesn’t look all that good. I would love to see the current Acela added and also would love to see the new Availa Liberty add too.

4. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I think a new NEC would be awesome. At least to New York. DTG can just backdate and build from Rahway. As you can see from my Profile Picture, I'm a Phase III AEM-7 foamer, but I won't ever foam because there are no more :(. I also want no ditch lights the AEM-7s and add the E60 as the new loco. The ALP-44 and Comet IIs could be added as future DLC.

5. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

An updated version of the NEC would be great to see in TS2020. I would like to see Washington to New Haven, or even perhaps the entire electrified portion from Washington to Boston. It would be great to see all current rolling stock that operates along the NEC to be recreated for Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

We really need DC and Boston to be added so we have all the pieces! Would love to see some Viewliner IIs added as well and maybe even some genset switchers to work in the yard at Washington.

7. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

we really need Boston.

8. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

We have the New Haven - Boston route by Brandon a.k.a. Cactusjuice

9. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Problem is that it was last updated nearly 4 years ago and we really could use MBTA content for that section.