Morning Haze Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Nuliome, May 11, 2021.

1. Nuliome

Nuliome New Member

Hi there,

I recently completed the scenario "Morning Haze", a München to Rosenheim line and when it completed, the game did not tally up the points. I am unsure as to what is going on here, as it's not marking as complete, tallying score or even updating anything about it. I've uploaded a photo of the performance screen and the scenario screen.

Morning Haze.jpg

Morning Haze #2.jpg

Is this a bug or intentional? I wouldn't assume intentional but I was hoping for some help on the matter.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

2. Bradmac

Bradmac Member

I have the same issue but I doubt it will ever be fixed now.

3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

It is a bug, and happens on some other scenarios. I will investigate (the file Steam\userdata\<USERID>\24010\remote\Career.xml will reveal the reason for the failure).

Edit: Just played it and failed though all tasks completed. Career.xml tells me this: Failed Consist.

Will scrutinize it in scenario editor (e.g. duplicate car numbers in a scenario can cause this.)

2022-08-02 17_02_27-.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2022
  4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

And here we have the reason, my suspicion was right.

Next to your starting point is a duplicate consist with the same ID (wf4235072).

So how TS works it has a list of car IDs that are expected to be at the Final Destination of the scenario. As these are duplicate, it would expect the static consist to be at the Final Destination too for the scenario to be completed.

From now on, I'm giving this bug the name Schroedinger's Cat bug. ;)

So it was a design error. If you place a new 423 it'll get a new generated number. I will upload a fixed scenario.bin.

99.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Giving up on this one, used all tricks available. Even with a modified scenario.bin, which worked on other scenarios with the same issue, it won't give you score - though I managed to get the achievement using a modified scenario.bin with the other consist removed.

The only way to get your star is to manually edit the career.xml ("CompletedSuccessfully", 1000), then delete your SDBCache.bin and restart TS.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1