Morning!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by deedee3382, Nov 3, 2020.

1. deedee3382

deedee3382 Member

I have been lurking for a few weeks on the forums now and though it was about time I said hello. I have always been keen on trains, enjoying most areas of UK rail, but I have a soft spot for the network south east era. I never previously bought any train games as I knew that If I did other areas of my life may get neglected a little. Well at the start of lockdown, knowing I would have some time on my hands, I caved and purchased TS.

Since then I have had a lot of fun, some frustrations and have done a lot of learning too. It turns out I'm not a very good driver, so I pretty quickly embarked on route building, as I love creating things. This has not been easy but fortunately there are so many good tutorials, guides and documentation out there, which I am extremely grateful for. I have also taught myself some basics of 3d modeling and created a few items. some have turned out well some not so good, but it's kept me busy!

Here is a link to my first route, The East Kent Light Railway:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2243416265&searchtext=

And also a screenshot of some of the items/assets I have been working on:
    SomeAssets.jpg
    I have no idea what to do with these items/assets yet, but I am working on other routes so maybe I'll do something with them one day!

Good to meet you all and thanks for reading.
    Heidi.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi welcome to the forums Heidi, love the look of the assets you have made.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

The assets look very good, your Workshop route too. Unfortunately I don't have all the requirements for it. :(
    Have you thought about putting the assets on UKTS?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yeah that required DLC list is a doozy, not so much the amount but the fact that it's a mix of different era's and different countries, I have a fair chunk of UK routes but have no interest in US or EU routes so to play a UK route that requires US and or EU routes firmly throws me out the running.

Please don't see this as a negative criticism, I just wanted to highlight a problem for me and maybe some others, I'll be honest I haven't even got all your UK asset requirements though at least those would be justifiably obtainable to me (Once the financial manager aka Wife giveth the nod of course).

The images on Steam look really very good, your first route you say? get outta here who you trying to kid... Seriously? Damn, I need to up my game..

Your asset modelling is on par too, I'm assuming you've gotten the hang of animations too if you've done semaphores.

Look forward to what else you come up with if this is just the start.

• Like Like x 1
  5. treid09

treid09 Guest

Very nice objects you've created! Your route on the Workshop is fantastic looking, very detailed. God bless and stay well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deedee3382

deedee3382 Member

Hi everyone, thanks for the greetings. It's good to meet you all and really great to get some feedback on the route and the assets too.

About the signals I have created, I didn't learn how to do animations, I cheated! :D I just made new posts and used the scripting and arms from the European Loco & Assets pack. So that would be needed to make them work. I'll see what my options are with releasing the assets when I am happy with it all, but thanks for the suggestions.

I'm sorry the route uses so much dlc too. When I started building I only had TS2020 and never really planned to release it. After getting more appropriate dlc I replaced many things (including relaying all the track twice). If only there was an easy way to remove all the American and European stuff I would. I promise the next route I do will be more sensible.

• Like Like x 2