Hello. I hav been playing morristown and Trenton lately but have noticed that when performing a hill start the train will always roll backwards. This isn't such an issue in the ALP 45 AND ALP 46 as they have an independent brake but the multi level can car doesn't. The procedure I am following is afaik correct, setting the lap brake to hold, applying power then releasing the lap brake. The brakes bleed off and the power comes on but not quick enough to prevent a roll back. Is there anything I am missing? I really want to like this route and another one is coming but if it's going to do the same thing I won't bother with it. Thanks for any help. Liam
Have you considered applying more brales before moving? I find that the trains brakes take a longer time to release from something like 60psi instead of 90psi which might give the locomotive more time to apply power before the brakes are fully released.
You can only add power when they are in hold not before and power won't start until the brakes release and so it won't make any difference