PlayStation Motion Blur Vs Speed Signs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Sep 23, 2019.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

When driving the class 66 in GWE you have to read the differential speed signs but motion blur means these are never in focus at moderate to high speed and are difficult or impossible to read. The bigger speed signs can be read, but most of the signs are the smaller ones.

One solution would be having an option to turn motion blur off on PS4.

Another solution would be to have the correct speed limits for the type of train being driven in the HUD.

I've also found that the speed signs in NTP disappear into the background and to be honest I can never see them, I have to rely on the HUD. I'm assuming this is to do with the motion blur too.

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Pressing Ctrl F2 on a attached keyboard will turn off the motion blur however this doesn't help that much with the signs, that's more of a texture quality and clarity issue. The zoom function available to PC users would help although their graphics are generally sharper anyway.

I've often thought that would be a good idea. At the moment it's just the maximum line speed shown. Ideally it should indicate the line speed for the type of train you're in and for freight the type of consist you're hauling.

They do tend to be indistinct. However this is to some extent probably correct, driver route knowledge would play an important part in real life. They should know the limits before they reach the signs.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I could do a slow drive through and learn the lines properly. Something for a rainy afternoon.