PlayStation Mp15dc: Extra 05 Journey Bug (tsw 2)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Mattty May, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just tried to complete this mission within Chapter 1 of the MP15DC Switcher DLC, but I could not complete it as my path into CEMOF was blocked by another MP15DC Switcher and Gallery Cab Car.

40 minutes down the toilet.
    So annoying.
    :mad::mad::mad:

This of course renders it impossible to complete the Journey Chapter for this DLC.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Can anyone else who has TSW 2 and the MP15DC Switcher DLC try this.

Select the ‘Extra 05 - Southbound MoW Part 2’ mission in Chapter 1 of the MP15DC DLC within the Journey section.

If more than one person has this issue, the faster it might get fixed.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Tried to do this mission a second time and still unable to complete it. Getting into the other MP15DC Switcher, you get told it’s in the process of changing out the Gallery car of a failed train, which is another mission in the journey chapter. It seems these have got crossed so that the other MP15DC Switcher is blocking the one used in the journey mentioned in the OP.

Really keen to know if others are having this issue by trying it the way detailed in post two of this thread.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Trying this mission a third time, I was successful. It seems timing is a key factor.

When you are ready to go back to CEMOF, the points for your final position are set by the game and seemingly locked into place.

If the AI controlled MP15DC is in the wrong place (CEMOF North Lead) whilst replacing the faulty cab car, it gets locked to the path of the same siding intended for the player MP15DC and it stops the AI MP15DC from completing its job.

When I played this time, the AI controlled MP15DC was locked onto an adjacent siding as seen in the photo below instead of being locked at the CEMOF North Lead. This allowed my MP15DC to reach its final position.

D3A74EAC-897F-4D4F-A13E-0F9D08F4CFE1.jpeg

5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...just curious: When you run this journey under TSW 2020, do you have the same issue with the other switcher? Or does it work correctly, and you only have this issue when running this journey under TSW 2?

If this problem only occurs when running the journey under TSW 2, then that suggests that DTG is somehow introducing new issues in routes that get migrated over to TSW 2... probably the last thing they want to do right now, given all of the issues they’re already dealing with in TSW 2. I’ll try to run a few tests tomorrow on this same journey under 2020 to see if I can get it to fail... will update this thread once I’m finished.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Works fine for me the other MP15 got the cab car with no problem

7. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

I get dropped in random spots on foot with no train to uncouple 6 cars when beginning this service