Mta - New York City Subway (online) (ideas)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Imdreduh, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Imdreduh

Imdreduh New Member

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is the largest Public Transportation authority in the United States. The MTA is a public benefit corporation, Providing Public Transportation to 12 counties in The State Of New York and 2 counties in The State Of Connecticut.
    On an average weekday, the MTA serves 11 Million Passengers on a 24/7 basis.

OVERVIEW OF THE MTA
    • More than 6,600 subway cars, which collectively traveled about 365 million miles in 2019
    • 472 subway stations
    • 665 miles of track
    • 5,927 vehicles in our bus fleet, all 100% accessible to riders with disabilities
    • 234 local bus routes, 20 Select Bus Service routes, and 73 express routes in the five boroughs

fullsizeoutput_146.jpeg

The New York City Subway first opened in 1904, The subway is one of the oldest, expansive and used subways with 1,697,787,002 yearly riders as of 2019. Many lines and stations have both express and local services. These lines have three or four tracks. Normally, the outer two are used by local trains, while the inner one or two are used by express trains. Stations served by express trains are typically major transfer points or destinations. The subway is underground for 60% of the time; the other 40% is on an elevated rail above major avenues, streets, etc. or embanked sections of track or an open cut environment within the grounds of the city.

Lines & Service

36 lines
    28 services
    424 unique stations

Primary Trunk line
    IND Eighth Avenue A, C, E
    IND Sixth Avenue B, D, F, <F>, M
    IND Crosstown G
    BMT Canarsie L
    BMT Nassau Street Line J, Z
    BMT Broadway Line N, Q, R, W
    IRT Broadway-Seventh Avenue Line 1, 2, 3
    IRT Lexington Avenue Line 4, 5, 6, <6>
    IRT Flushing Line 7 <7>
    IND Second Avenue Line ] T
    Shuttles S

fullsizeoutput_147.jpeg

Rolling Stock
    R32 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R32_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R44 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R44_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R46 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R46_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R62 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R62_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R62A - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R62A_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R68 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R68_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R68A - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R68A_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R142 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R142_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R142A - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R142A_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R143 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R143_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R160 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R160_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R179 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R179_(New_York_City_Subway_car)
    R188 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R188_(New_York_City_Subway_car)

Environment & Stations

7TrainQueens_TaggerYanceyIV_1679_900_600_70_c1.jpg
    EDBRJPES5QGLED7VUS4GNYYW6Q.jpg
    Reopening_of_Bay_Ridge_Av_ESI_(23822869568).jpg

Why the NYC Subway?

The New York Subway is no doubt humongous, but it is connected. Meaning that the creation of any route from a Primary Trunk Line will be adding onto the subway in the greater scheme of things.
    For example, the IRT Broadway - Seventh Avenue Line consists of 3 Routes. The 1, 2 & 3 Trains.
    The creation of the 1 route would lay a foundation for the 2 & 3 trains because they follow the same Avenue and stop at many of the same destinations, with the exception of a few. The route will also lay a foundation to other routes that are transferable from the 1, 2 & 3 Trains.
    This will allow the expansion of the routes to have a workload no doubt, but aspects will be built-in already making things easier.

While the subway is above ground, the view is spectacular. The environment would be amazing. Allowing for routes that are simple while underground but beautiful while overground especially with the architecture found in NYC. This will create a balance in the environment it will have a very dynamic and fun atmosphere that Dovetail Games is more than capable of providing.

The city never sleeps, and neither do the trains. If more passengers are added to the game, the experience will be even more immersive. Imagine pulling into stations and the stations being full of passengers waiting to board your train. One of the things I love about TSW is the detail in the trains and the environment. The addition of more passengers would seal the deal and make the simulation 100x more realistic and fun.

This all leads into the Multiplayer, Online aspect. The subway is always busy, imagine collectively working together to keep NYC running and seeing real people controlling passing trains, or maybe even working with someone on the same train. NYC trains have a Motor Man and conductor. Imagine working together, the motorman driving, while the conductor making sure every passenger boards the train, and he/she twisting a key giving you the ok to pull out of the station. Of course, that should be optional if you decide to drive the train with someone, or on your own.

Route Suggestion
    As i mentioned earlier the subway is humongous, but the longest route on the subway is The A train with 31 Miles in its route. Individually, the routes arn't long at all. They are exceptionally smaller than many of the content in TSW already. What makes the routes different from the ones in TSW already are the amount of stations; which can range from 1 to 59.

A Train
    Lengh: 31 Miles
    Stations: 59
    Rolling Stock:
    R46
    R68A
    R179

Or

2 Train
    Length: isn't specified
    Stations: 49
    Rolling Stock:
    R142

I think that the A train should be released first because it is the longest route and consists of the most stations. The Rolling Stock consists of 3 very similar but different trains. The environment of the A train is dynamic, Most of the route is underground. Some are aboveground. The route passes through the heart of Manhattan, underground. while passing JFK airport, Howard, and rockaway beach above ground. This would be fun and expansive enough to keep players busy until the next content update; whether it be an NYC subway Route or another route.

-
    NYC Subway Front Window View - The A-Line to 207th Street

I think the 2 Train is also a good contender because it is also a long route that consists of One type of Rolling Stock but the scenery makes up for that. The 2 Train stays above ground for a little longer, passing through the bronx above ground; you are able to see amazing buildings and be in the heart of the bronx seeings cars below you, you will even see the skyline of manhattan getting closer until you go underground and are in the heart of manhattan yourself.

-
    IRT Subway: R142 (2) Train Ride from Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College to Wakefield-241st Street

Final Thoughts

TSW 2 has released its first subway line, being the Bakerloo Line. I am extremely excited to be able to control such an iconic line in such an iconic city.

The thought of driving a train in the heart of NYC makes me excited, the scenery. Buildings, architecture, people, etc. I know my ideas sound very fun, but actually creating an online experience like that no doubt will take a lot of work, but I know Dovetail is capable of providing this. Maybe the thought isn't too far fetched but can take years.

Until then, I would still love to see various NYC subway lines that are full of passengers and scenery added to the coming content releases for TSW.

Some cool videos about NYC subways to get you just as excited as me:

NYC Subway HD 60fps: Budd R32 Z Skip-Stop Train Thunderstorm Railfan Window RFW Ride (7/25/16)

NYC Subway Nostalgia HD 60fps: R38 & R40 Slant Cab Operation (6/25/16)

What does a Conductor do?

• Like Like x 9
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

They've already done an MTA subway style line. ;)

3. Tony Mojica

Tony Mojica New Member

Why want a underground system? Most of you would See is tunnels?

4. TrainSim_Fan

5. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

The most requested system also but DTG didn't add it.On streams people ask for this & on the forums so this better be added at some time

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrainSim_Fan

You can't see anything it's a tunnel. Before you say what about the Bakerloo line that's coming half of thays above ground. Also we already have an MTA route if we get another one then I'm gonna complain A LOT about it.

7. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

So is the subway also you don't have to get the route(I respect your opinion because it makes sense that you dont want a subway)Just because you don't want it doesn't mean anyone else can get it.Did you look at what he posted he also added picture's

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TrainSim_Fan

If the majority of the proposed line is above ground then I'm ok with it. Along as I can enjoy the scenery.

• Like Like x 2
  9. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Yeah the scenery on the bridges like the Manhattan bridge,Coney Island & the Williamsburg bridge are nice.If DTG added a subway like the E train some people wouldn't get it because it's only underground which is odd for nyc

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Imdreduh

Imdreduh New Member

I understand you're perspective, but I Personsonally would enjoy a route like that. I'm sure many will agree with you, but some will agree with me as well.

Granted we do have an MTA route but I feel that the Subway and LIRR are very different. Look at the videos I posted; the building surrounding the elevated track and then the underground section. Thiers something about driving a train in a major city that I like, even if it was a route completely underground. But all routes aren't, some are above ground for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrainSim_Fan

It's all down to opinion.:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Imdreduh

Imdreduh New Member

Look at the videos I posted; the building surrounding the elevated track and then the underground section. Thiers something about driving a train in a major city that I like, even if it was a route completely underground. But all routes aren't, some are above ground for a long time.
    I understand where your coming from.

13. TrainSim_Fan

I would want a route going from suburbs/city borders to the bustling city centre. IDK that might just be me though.:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

From what I can understand the newer IND lines (From the 1930s onwards) were planned to be entirely underground. However they did take over some former elevated lines in Brooklyn and Queens.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

l really hope that they realse it in train sim world 2

16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Open Air and Express local that is the BMT Brighton Main Line Prospect Park to Brighton Beach R160B 8843-9102 Siemens Q train R68A R68 B train.

17. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

And another one 3 Necrobumps in a day right now must be a record lol

18. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

l just wanna see the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 trains in tsw2

19. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

7 Train would be nice but that's already represented in World Of Subways...

7 Train would've been the ideal one IMO as you could either pick express or locals services which have a decent amount of above group and underground.