PC Multiplayer For Tsw?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DANtheWALLY, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

4 or 5 years ago it looked like there was going to be a boom in VR. Most people thought that VR headsets would become mainstream, and in a few years almost everyone would have one at home. It is obvious now that it is not going to happen any time soon. There are many reasons for this, but some of them are price, inability to be aware of the surroundings and motion sickness.

On the motion sickness department, many people suffer it just by using the helmet even if the FPS are high (IIRC you need 90fps in each eye) and framerate is perfectly stable. If the framerate is low or unstable, the number of people feeling motion sickness will increase significantly (much more than it does looking at a monitor).

Unless you can get rid of the stuttering in TSW I think VR is close to be as dead as multiplayer.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

If anyone read that as a promise to implement VR then they are a bit of a fool. People need to take responsibility for themselves nowadays.

In the early days when they literally did promise editor etc, then that was obviously DTG’s fault.
    Now DTG wisely (and correctly) never promise anything they aren’t already working on.

Anyone who infers that they are working on something now when they don’t explicitly say it only has themselves to blame.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’d be all over vr like a drunken visit to McDonald’s. Granted I think it will require a ridiculous pc I’d go all in again

• Like Like x 1
  4. AVeryFatElf

AVeryFatElf Well-Known Member

Me too! hah!

With UE being natively supporting of VR, all you really need is a implementation of the game thats more optimised for VR - in most cases (like in race sims that are VR compatible) when you compare the graphic quality between VR and 2D, you tend to see a lot of post processing effects, textures, lighting being bumped down initially if not removed altogether which bumps up the performance drastically and lowers the ceiling dramatically for lower end hardware. That said, yes you would want a good rig for it but it's not as far out of reach as people may think.

5. AVeryFatElf

AVeryFatElf Well-Known Member

Oh really? I somehow missed this - maybe I was just totally out of it for that period so I do apologise.

If you need private testers, I would be very interested in trialling some builds - even crude demos as a proof of concept to help with feedback on its potential future development. I can definitely see the Rift S and Quest 2 (the latter which I have) being the gateway headsets for a lot of people either who already own it due to its low price or who may be tempted to buy one for sims like TSW and more.

6. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

In my best David banks cybermen impression
    “Excellent”

7. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Not interested at all in multiplayer, if people want multiplayer play sim rail or Fortnite, I for one don’t want little kiddies crashigg no and derailing ruining my fun. So it’s a no from me

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This will require new mechanics and the only possible place where this can work are big Hump yards these are Zürich Limmattal Hagen Vorhalle Dresden Friedrichstadt Potsdam Rbf Seddin Wien Kledering Salzburg Gnigl Hall in Tirol Innsbruck German speaking parts of Europe. Followed by the United States Cumberland Maryland CSX Cheyenne Wyoming Union Pacific and Barstow California BNSF