Munchen S-bahn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by solicitr, Aug 7, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This would I think be a killer route for those who like commuter rail. Munich's S-bahn is almost the opposite arrangement from that in Berlin- Berlin's is a ring configuration, whereas Munich's is a dog-bone or dumbbell arrangement.

West of the city the S-bahn routes spread out to serve the suburbs, but they all gather together to form a single trunk line at Hackerbrucke, which then plunges underground (a tunnel portal in HMA) and run to the Hbf's lower platforms, and thence through the City Tunnel under the city center, forming a sort of supplementary subway in addition to the U-Bahn. After the East Bahnhof they spread out again, serving the eastern suburbs and the Flughafen.

A lot of possibilities there for very diverse services.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

The whole Munich s-bahn would be too long and sometimes boring. There is only so much fun in slow stop start services. Do you have a particular line you would like?

• Like Like x 3
  3. solicitr

The S1 and S8 to the airport, together with the Freising branch. This would incorporate the lower Hbf coming from both directions, as well as some 'subway' services through the city center. I would use Laim as the western end, or possibly Pasing for the S8 with the S1 terminating at Laim.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JealousSheep768

I would like more airport stations to feature in tsw2 I think shuttles are really interesting

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Yeah, the entire route is practically impossible, over 400km.

If it would be boring or not is a different question however, I doubt it would be, there'd always be plenty to do and explore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, Berlin S-Bahn is not only a ring, the ring is only a very small part of the Berlin S-Bahn. The ring is only a connector for all the branch lines.

[​IMG]

But somehow, a network of 340 km of track with 125 stations and modelling almost all Berlin landmarks...I doubt, that it will ever come to TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JealousSheep768

To me the ring definitely stands out on the Berlin s-bahn and he is talking about the Munich s-bahn, not the Berlin one

8. trainsimplayer

I think this is what that was about:

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea however it's likely to be done as an Eastern extension of Hauptstrecke München Augsburg S3 & S4 lines. Some in the forums call Hauptstrecke München Augsburg LZB as CBTC on Steroids.

10. solicitr

DTG are not going to do route extensions for TSW, full stop. I don't know how often Matt and Sam have stated that point-blank. They have done them for TS, yes- and found they didn't sell.
    What they would like to do in the future is route-linking or route-merging; in other words a future standalone Munich S-Bahn route could be made so that it could be linked to HMA if the player also owns that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yes, that is also the best way forward in my opinion. Extensions just aren't likely to happen, but mergers very well might (Matt said there was a possibility, but no work was being done). There is only one route extensions that I think might work, others just always seem better as standalone routes.

12. trainsimplayer

Not gonna happen. You notice a theme with this - you say "likely to be done as..." yet are completely wrong? Quit whilst your not too far behind (I'd say ahead but that's be lieing)
    Can I ask what this adds to this thread?

Has nothing to do with it.

13. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

For example, making an S Bahn that no longer exists, the S11

Also something around the 70s from Germany In my opinion, the Olympics seem perfect for that.
    it wouldn't be immediately boring because of those elderly objects, In addition, in Train Simulator classic they had made serious mistakes in the S Bahn tunnel, the largest at Bahnhof München-Marienplatz.

ertret.jpg ert.jpg

ezrzrezre.jpg ezfez.jpg

zeaea.jpg

• Like Like x 1