Munich S-bahn S3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mattty May, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Please complete the Munich S-Bahn line from Hackerbrüke to Holzkirchen (via Ostbahnof).

I like the way the trains have to reverse direction at Ostbahnof and this would make for some interesting gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Why not just include all of the Munich S-Bahn routes? I really want to see the S3 and S4.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Indeed. The entire Munich S-Bahn map in TSW 2 would be super cool. Especially as most, if not all use the central trunk under München Hbf.

4. ZeenozPlays

It would be impossible for them to create all of the S-Bahn lines in one route (high end pcs would crash because of the service count and memory issues.) but it would be nice for them to figure out a way to deload a part of the route and load another part to diminish the memory consumption.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Whilst it should be kept in the game, the S4 (as is) seems like an after thought as only such a small portion has been included. Though having it on the route is a definite plus not a minus.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think it could be included in one big route. Don’t forget only a single tile is loaded at any one time. The problem with HMA is that due to the complexity of the track etc, there is so much detail in a single tile, which means a lot more info needs to be in memory at once. Once that tile has been passed, it is taken out of memory and the next one is loaded. As the tiles get less and less complex, the performance of the route improves so that towards Mammendorf and Augsburg there is much better performance.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ZeenozPlays

It would be nice if TSW did the same thing as TS, where unplayable AI services passed by. I'd like to be driving an S3 train and see an ICE, Regional, or other S-Bahn train pass by (if they make the S3 its own route.)

In order to make sure memory doesn't become a problem, the game could randomly load a train ~1 KM away so it won't feel deserted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZeenozPlays

It would still take a long time to create. If they decide to do this, i think they should release one line at a time, and when the next one is finished, connect the two (you would still have to pay for the next line but maybe at a reduced price.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep one line or part of a line a time would be a steady way to build the whole thing. Unfortunately I don’t think DTG plan on doing this, but it would be a great project.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZeenozPlays

I
    would first like them to do it with the existing routes (before HMA) like LIRR and The London Underground.

• Like Like x 1