My Clinchfield Thoughts

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by deans.ma, Apr 9, 2021.

1. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Hi all,

Thought I would give my thoughts on the Cinchfield after about 5 or so hours of gameplay.

I should start off by saying that I running the game on a first generation xbox one (c. 2015).

The Good:
    - I find that the game runs surprisingly smooth; a lot smoother when compared to SPG
    - I really like the trees and I'm surprised they could put so many in without crashing performance
    - F7 sounds great
    - Caboose looks great
    - I like the variation in coal hoppers
    - Its a real challenge! Running up and down those 3% branchline grades is quite the challenge (especially with loads)!

The Eh:
    - Some various minor audio bugs; most of which can be solved by switched to outside view and back
    - The base scenery color is really brown; I feel like they could have added some more color to the hillsides
    - The headlights only illuminate like 5 feet ahead of you
    - It is quite annoying that every coal car must be filled to 100% for the scenario to continue. I think like a 5% grace limit would be nice so if you only fill up a car to like 97 or 99% the game still lets you go on.
    - WHY MUST I BE FORCED TO USE IMMERSION CONTROLS IN SCENARIOS!!!!!!! (I know this is with all the scenarios in TSW2 but I need to mention it)
    Edit: I also noticed that the reverser doesn't lock into place. There were a few instances where I was traveling along and accidentally moved the reverser out of gear with the left joystick on my controller. AFAIK all other american loco's reverser will lock in place once power is applied.

Overall I must admit that I'm very happy with this add-on.

Dean

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. box215

box215 Active Member

hey there
    glad youre enjoying
    I also think it's pretty good so far, only made it through the first 2 scenarios so far

Regarding controls...you don't have to use immersion! Dont torture yourself (jk...kinda)
    Before you start the scenario, make sure the control scheme is set to immersion in the settings.
    This way, you wont get the prompt when you start that immersion controls must be used
    Once the scenario loads up, you will be able to change the controls to classic, which I think is a must when doing freight runs (for the external camera)

3. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Yes I'm aware of the switch you can make. I can handle the immersion for inside the cab - no switching required scenarios but I just can't bare it when I have to be outside the cab.

Just don't understand why they want you to use the immersion. Doesn't make any difference to play experience.

Dean

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. seniorgamer#7480

seniorgamer#7480 New Member

I am having issue getting the F7 to advance. I get wheel slippage that leaves to a lock out that I don’t know how to,clear.

5. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Hi, did you change the cut in for the brakes from “freight lap” to just “freight”? 2869783A-4ED9-43B5-BE33-2D9774B79016.jpeg

6. seniorgamer#7480

Yes , I set it to freight.
    I did find out that the trail unit independent brake set to 34% so I released that.Think it is a bug that
    This was not addressed in tutorial.
    Got to load coal but I could not control the train speed well enough to get each car to 100 percent.
    There is a lock out that shuts the engine down that I do not know how to clear.
    Thanks for your response.

7. seniorgamer#7480

This has been a challenge with F7. I put in a ticket with support and see what they say.

8. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Is the the SD40 timetables actually playable now with the latest update?

9. seniorgamer#7480

Update
    I found out that to clear the error , I have to
    Set the independent brake to full application
    Set auto brake to full service
    Reverser to neutral
    Then start the engine as follows
    Set switch on back wall of cab to start
    Press start button ( also on back wall) for ten seconds
    Then set switch on back of wall to run

doing this should get you going again.
    It’s so easy to slip into emergency mode on automatic brake, which appears to trip,the diesel

10. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

Yes, Clinchfield is buggy, but I still love it