PC My Questions For Thursday's Stream (tsw 2)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Zigg, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zigg

Zigg Member

1. Could we get a better description of sunlight filtering? Does it have to do with sunlight not being properly blocked by walls in the cab?
    2. Will the graphical improvements (clouds and sunlight filtering) apply to all content moved over from TSW?
    3. How close is the thunder and lightning weather type from being implemented? Is the engine upgrade a requirement for it to work?
    4. Will head sway be updated in any way? For example, will it react to going over points and to the new adhesion physics? If it is updated, will it apply to all content moved over from TSW?
    5. Does the engine upgrade allow for longer shadow draw distances? If so, is it something you are planning to implement? This would particularly make sunsets and sunrises look a lot better.
    6. Is the upgraded engine better at handling many locomotives on screen at once (all simulated, not fake) without a big performance loss?
    7. Are save files entirely incompatible between TSW and TSW 2?
    8. Has the sound engine been updated? If it has, what has been improved?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I see some people commenting about TSW2 having dynamic weather. This has not been confirmed yet...only dynamic skies. At a guess, all this does is affect lighting levels / cloud cover

What I would like to see implented in TSW2 is dynamic weather patterns (ie rain, snow. storms etc) during the course of a single service / scenario. It also appears with the release of TSW2, this will never be implemented on any of the 'legacy' TSW2020 routes if it does end up being added, as they are all part of the preserved non-upgraded content which is slightly disappointing.

3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Questions added to the list. Locking thread to avoid repetition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.