Nahverkehr Dresden Scenario Planner

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Christiaan, Sep 11, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't use the scenarioplanner

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

Believe it or not, I use the scenario planner a lot for german routes. I just bought the rush hour pack and went immediately to the scenario planner of Nahverkehr Dresden. I should had seen it coming, but at Riesa only 1 platform was useable and only 4 at Dresden Hauptbahnhof. This was quite disappointing as making a busy scenario for example the fast track isn't possible... Who thought it would be a good idea to only use platform 3 at Riesa, I mean, come onnnnn. I don't know if it is difficult to make many paths for different platforms, but it can't be that hard right? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

2. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

While I have not bought the Dreseden route, I completely agree that more platforms need to be added to a lot of the routes in scenario planner. I use this more than timetable mode to make routes feel busy and provide more varied gameplay, so this is an important feature for me.

I find it frustrating regarding the lack of consistency across different routes. For example, Brighton and Lewes on the ECW route have this problem, and so do other routes like LGV with just two platforms at Marseille etc. Conversely, some routes like GWR with Paddington, or NTP with Leeds and Manchester have nearly all platforms usable.

Hopefully, scenario planner 2.0 will in some way rectify this issue with more pathways.