[ndd-l5 01] Backdated Sand Patch Grade // B&o & Chessie Retro Pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by viacheslavshama2008, Dec 13, 2021.

?
  1. Yes.

2. Yes, but with a few changes.

3. Backdated timetable is nice, but not this one. Many things should be changed.

4. No. Sand Patch doesn't need second timetable.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. viacheslavshama2008

viacheslavshama2008 Member

Hello everyone! Today I'd like to suggest something I haven't seen here before, an Add-On which would include three locomotives in 5 liveries, a separate timetable for Sand Patch Grade and preferably freight cars. What I suggest is "Chessie System Locomotive Pack", though even with Chessie System in the name, it'd be great to have B&O locomotives with it too. But before I begin, many people might have a question: "Why would it be interesting, why would I buy it?". Simply It'd be first route to provide early classic american traction, as well as will make up for some new challenges. And, of course, why we all buy new DLCs: new trains! This DLC would backdate SPG to the 1970s as the early years of Chessie System started.

To begin with, I should say that data is based off a bit of my research and similar TS add-ons from an area nearby. I am talking about B&O Mountain Subdivision.

So let's start with the locomotives I am suggesting:
    1) EMD GP9 Diesel-Electric Locomotive in Chessie System B&O livery:[​IMG]
    I am taking the high hood version as it will provide a completely new for TSW experience in driving, while low hood would be just a copy of Oakville Subdivision's loco.

2)EMD SD35 Diesel-Electric Locomotive in B&O
    [​IMG]
    As well as Chessie System B&O liveries. (I couldn't find a nice photo of last one, but the livery sits on it nearly the same as on the next loco.)

3)EMD GP40 Diesel-Electric Locomotive in B&O
    [​IMG]
    And Chessie System B&O liveries.
    [​IMG]

Although this might seem like a lot of work for DTG, all locomotives, or really similar ones to them, practically exist in the game in some form or another. So, for example GP40 could be transfered from TSW2020 or made out of really similar GP38-2. And GP9 basically requires some tweaking for the Oakville Subdivision's GP9RM.

Apart from the locomotives, only a little would change in the backdated timetable. For example the formations - first of all, TSW now supports longer trains, so they can be added, and, of course, these locomotives are less powerful then AC4400 so some consist would require more locomotives.

Let me know if you like this idea or not, and why. I'd also be quite thankful for ideas how can I improve this suggestion.

2. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

I feel like it's a neat idea and some would like it.

But I also feel that the current Sandpatch timetable could use quite a bit of work.