Need Manual -- Internet Says There Is One Available But I Do Not See It

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by trainmanpro, Mar 20, 2018.

1. trainmanpro

trainmanpro New Member

Under keyboard settngs, there is no mention of how we can open and close passenger doors. I find this very strange since it is a necessary function in order to proceed with the scenarios. I think for those who are unfamiliar with TSW, i think the online instructions could have been easier. For example, the after sitting in the engineer's seat, the next task is to press the battery for five seconds. However, i do not see where it is. What the programmers should have done is for each task while learning how to operate a loco, the task should be highlighted. This would be so much better for those who are newbies. Remember this, everyone who plays games have different intelligent levels. Progammers must realize this when developing games. There are games where the player must learn and memorize many, many keys. Many PC games are far more complicated than console games. Please let me know what you think. It is only my opinion !

2. KMAC

KMAC New Member

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

After finding this and other TSW manuals on my computer, I created desktop links for them so I wouldn't have to hunt for DTG's hiding places; I also put those links in a TSW folder within the TS manuals folder on my computer, which also has a link on my desktop. They are now all easy to find, but still lacking a lot of rather vital information, alas!

4. hightower

hightower Guest

Not sure what you’re talking about.

Assuming you have them set on (which they are by default, instructions of how to turn them on & off are in the manual, and in the settings menu) then there are markers pointing to every single button you need to press, in order, with instructions. They were pretty buggy originally but have worked fine for a long time. You just need to be patient and allow each step of the tutorial to do its thing before moving on.

I’m not entirely sure (I.e. not at all) the programmers are to blame here!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This little phrase requires constant repetition: "I’m not entirely sure (I.e. not at all) the programmers are to blame here."

• Like Like x 2