New Jersey Transit | North Jersey Coast Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Apr 20, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting New Jersey Transit for Train Sim World 2.

Most of the information can be found in this video:

This suggestion is for the North Jersey Coast Line of NJ Transit. It runs for about 100 Miles (Yes, a long route, but it can be done), with 20 Stations. It starts at both NY Penn Station and Hoboken, and it runs down to Long Branch and Bay Head.

Rolling Stock

This line has the most diverse selection of Rolling Stock of any NJ Transit Line.

[​IMG]
    ALP-45DP

[​IMG]
    ALP-46

[​IMG]
    PL42AC

Those locomotives would be pulling either Comet or Multilevel Cars.

[​IMG]
    Comet

[​IMG]
    Multilevel

NJT is one of the 3 Big Transit Companies in the United States. Right behind the MTA and Amtrak, it is a very popular system, with some cool routes.

What do you think about this suggestion?

• Like Like x 30
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I personally like the idea of this line. 100 miles is long but hey maybe dtg could make the full line of this route.

• Like Like x 3
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea if you are looking for the diesel trains the best route that they can come from is my proposal Raritan Valley Line High Bridge to New York Penn Station/ Hoboken via Waterfront Connection which was opened in 1991 five years before the Midtown Direct 1996. If you want the mid 2000s Arrow IIIS GP40 F40PH Comet I-IVs ALP-44s makes sense for the route

• Like Like x 1
  4. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

I would want to see the Alp-44 and arrow III in tsw 2 along with the comets

• Like Like x 2
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I gotta say the North Jersey Coast Line wasn't my favourite route in Train Simulator. I found it rather boring, with lots of flat straights and low speed limits. I found the NJT Morristown Line in Train Simulator much more enjoyable, with more diverse scenery and track layout. I do like the looks of some of those NJT trains.

• Like Like x 3
  6. dylanszalay

dylanszalay New Member

Is the njt route going to be announced

• Like Like x 1
  7. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

i would like to see this in TSW 2 as the first NJ Transit Route for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope New Jersey transit is announced this year on the roadmap I would definitely like to see the Raritan valley line and the north Jersey coast line hopefully they’ll be announced sometime soon on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

The entire length of North Jersey coast line is 104 mi NY Penn Station to Bay Head Raritan Valley Line is 58 mi 93 km

10. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

I agree, I would prefer to see the NJT Morris/Essex Line aka Midtown Direct Service. I remember back when direct service into Penn Station NY first started. It would be nice to see This line start from Hackettstown all the way to New York Penn with the option to go to Hoboken as well. The extension to Hackettstown would give the option to run diesel as well and you could also run freight on this line as well, as local freight railroads use this line as well.

11. driverwoods#1787

Good and for freight Hackettstown area has Norfolk Southern GP38s these use the EL Old Road to Washington, NJ Warren County then goes to Easton, PA & Reading, PA on the Phillipsburg Branch. Required layer Horsehoe Curve and these have Grain Wagon lumber freight car since I've seen these freight trains personally. Another line that can give both Morristown Line & NJCL rush hour traffic is the Raritan Valley Line

• Like Like x 1
  12. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

Yes. The Raritan Valley Line would be a good addition as well. Though, that line doesn't run weekend service, unless that has since changed?

13. driverwoods#1787

It does run weekend service only Raritan to Newark and it's on the NJ Transit website. In real life gets the priority to go to Newark Penn Station at the 1997 built Hunter Interlocking over NJCL Amtrak Northeast Corridor trains

• Like Like x 1
  14. MetroMad1229

MetroMad1229 Well-Known Member

Brilliant post! I would love to see this come to TSW2. Like the NEC New York from TSW1 they could bring it back but with NJ Transit which would make the game so much better.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mrchuck

I wonder when they’ll announce New Jersey transit to the roadmap sometime soon in the future I hope.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer NYC to Philly with Amtrak, NJT, and SEPTA timetables to the coast line, raritan valley line, or the Morris direct line.

17. mrchuck

I hope we’ll see the Raritan valley line soon for New Jersey transit in the future on TSW 2 someday soon.